lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2022, 06:31 PM   #1
eyeage
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 YRDE DC 48V - won't move - Controller? What to replace it with?

Hey Everyone,

So I picked up a golf cart. I knew when I got it that it wasn't fully functional. Got a decent, but not amazing deal. 2016 YRDEX6, 48V, DC.

So, if the solenoid is bypassed it works and drives. Initially, in both reverse and forward, but then only in reverse.

Batteries: Brand new, test fine
Solenoid: "bench tested" and does click

Reverse buzzer is acting funny. Based on what I'm reading, this is an indication that the controller is bad. When I switch from run to tow and back the reverse buzzer will stop until I press the gas pedal. Sometimes turning the key on/off also works. Sometimes a combination of turning the key and switching the F/R position. Additionally, if I push the cart while in F, it buzzes for a second and then stops, also making the buzzer stop working until performing a run/tow swap and one of the above maneuvers.

I have not done significant amounts of testing on switches.

I assume this means the controller is bad. So, if I have to upgrade, I may as well go aftermarket for some speed. I do not plan on upgrading the motor. I'm also not trying to future proof it. I do want it to go fast, if possible. What controllers should I consider, definitely looking for value option while getting low to mid 20s+ mph.

Thanks a ton

Last edited by eyeage; 03-16-2022 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: adding "what to replace it with" to title
eyeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2022, 06:38 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2016 YRDE DC 48V - won't move - Controller?

Most likely a bad controller. I would go with Alltrax for aftermarket. I have two YDRE carts and both have Alltrax controllers now. Gives you the option to tune things to your liking. New batteries is a good thing.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 08:46 PM   #3
eyeage
Not Yet Wild

More specifically, which controller model... I know this forum is heavily alltrax, which is fine by me.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:08 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You want an XCT for YDRE. I would go with the 500 amp because it includes a cooling fan but a 400 amp would be sufficient as well. Make sure you get it set up for YDRE. It is plug and play if you do that. The connector that goes in to the Moric controller (what you should have now) goes right into the Alltrax.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 07:03 AM   #5
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Did this fix the problem?
Peth0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 08:16 PM   #6
eyeage
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peth0201 View Post
I'll let you know. I have not yet started the build. Just finished another build. Will likely know this week and will report back.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:24 PM   #7
eyeage
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Kinda, but no. See new post for details
Old 03-30-2022, 04:26 PM   #8
eyeage
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes, the new controlled fixed the issue. Cart works as expected now.

Tags
buzzer, controller, solenoid, yamaha, yrde
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha