lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2022, 06:07 PM   #1
JackL1956
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Precedent Navitas Upgrade

I have just purchased a 2007 Precedent. My aim is to install a Navitas 600A controller and 5KW motor, and to convert to lithium.

Importantly, I have owned a golf cart for several days now, I am a newbie with a capital N. After having lurked here for several days, (wearing out the search function), I’ve managed to figure out that you guys are a great resource. Let me say thanks on the front end.

I would like to pose a few questions:

My 2007 Precedent has the electronics installed in the center (between the batteries); does this pose any issues in terms of the wiring harness? I’m a retired electrician — I’ve known many electricians that were fired for cutting wire too short — never for cutting wire too long. All the YouTube Navitas videos I’ve watched were Precedent models with electronics mounted at the rear of the battery bucket.

The Navitas website indicates the Club Car DS models require a lift kit to install the 5KW motor. Will a Navitas 5KW motor install in 2007 Precedent without a lift kit.

At first look, I like the drop in replacement “Marketing Line” from allied lithium. That said, any advice on lithium upgrades would be appreciated. Watching YouTube videos leads me to believe it would make sense to install batteries equally spaced on both sides of the electronics compartment. I’ve seen videos where a single battery was installed on one side of the cart. Would that affect drivability.

Oh, the reason I’m planning these upgrades is to have a project for my grandson and I to do together. Seems like a great electro/mechanical learning opportunity.
JackL1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2022, 12:46 PM   #2
JackL1956
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 Precedent Navitas Upgrade

My apologies…I didn’t mean to use the N-word.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:58 AM   #3
Buttapollock1010
Getting Wild

Club Car

If your going all out which sounds like you are, look into 72v big battery options. Seem to be a good combo.
Buttapollock1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:31 PM   #4
JackL1956
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttapollock1010 View Post
If your going all out which sounds like you are, look into 72v big battery options. Seem to be a good combo.
I live on a pretty twisty mountain road. Since the city trash trucks can’t come up the road, (no place to turn around), I’ve been using my car to pull my trash cans up and down the hill. I bought the golf cart to replace my Tesla Trash Truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B7DD97D8-A54A-4459-818D-50DCC640FF1B.jpg (23.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-16-2022, 06:36 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The allied drop ins are the same size as a lead acid 8v. They are 72v each, so you add additional batteries to up your AH capacity. The Navitas will bolt in. Follow their instructions and it's pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, lithium, navitas, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car