lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2022, 07:10 AM   #1
Schmitty
Not Yet Wild

Arrow Cart will only move forward or reverse with 1 or 2 pushes of gas pedal

Hey guys, appreciate any help here before I send off for service. I have read many posts on here for great tips around the topic but still not getting my biggie going. I and working on a 2007 Club Precedent 48 V (4x12V) and I can’t get it go forward or reverse more than 1 time after resetting controller. Each time I reset, I can get 1 or 2 touches on pedal in either forward or reverse before I get no movement and have to reset. I have replaced solenoid (went from 100 to 125 Amps) and have replaced F/R switch, finally batteries appear to have proper voltage even when under load?

I am guessing I need to replace controller but wondered if there is something else I should consider.
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2022, 02:05 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cart will only move forward or reverse with 1 or 2 pushes of gas pedal

First, I would start from battery positive and work your way out back to battery negative checking all components as you go. You can lose a lot of your friends ($$$) guessing. Could be a "not so well" connected wire somewhere that still won't work even after replacing everything. Read "Stickies" or use Search feature to find threads on testing components. Assuming that you are certain that your batteries are OK>
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:27 PM   #3
jpmaniac
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart will only move forward or reverse with 1 or 2 pushes of gas pedal

Mine did something similar and it was the MCOR... search around the forum and there's a way to bypass the main part that fails with a paperclip to test if the MCOR needs replaced... A lot cheaper than a controller
jpmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 04:44 PM   #4
Schmitty
Not Yet Wild

Tried the MCOR bypass and didn’t work, will try testing different components but I have replaced solenoid and F/R switch. Are there others that would cause this issue? Basically get no movement at on the cart now so it getting worse.
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 02:09 PM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I had a similar problem, cart would do fine, then not work. I looked at all my connections, replaced some wires that looked questionable and cart worked fine for awhile, thought I fixed it, but did it again. I Started at battery postive and tightened every connection, found one on the controller that turned only slightly (less than 1/4 turn) and that fixed it. Connection was not loose by any means, just not tightest it could be. Never would have thought that would cause intermittent cutout, but it did. May not be your problem, but it didn't cost me anything to fix. Connections are 15 years old on that cart......
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, 48 v, club car, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car