lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2022, 11:07 AM   #1
trstanley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Hi-Power batteries

A guy in Michigan is selling these Hi-Power brand lithium batteries with a charger for $1650, shipped. They come with a 5 year warranty, but I'm still a little concerned about the quality/performance of an off brand battery. I figure most people will probably say to stay away from it, but I thought I'd get some opinions from people smarter than me. I originally saw the ad on Facebook but can't find it again in a quick search. Here's the website if people are curious, though it's not helpful in the slightest.

https://hi-powerbatteries.com/
trstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2022, 01:57 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Hi-Power batteries

Well, you were right...I would not recommend. You can get a well know battery for about the same money. The 10 amp charger is not what you want. Search for Roypow, Ecobattery, Extreme Team, etc. ...See this:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ium+comparison
Bama Brad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:15 PM   #3
trstanley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I talked to an Eco Battery dealer a few days ago and it would be $2300 for a 48v system all included. Right now I have 4 12v Trojans from 2016. Last night I got 14 miles out of them but over drained them to about 40% to get home. I know at 6 years old they're on borrowed time, so I'm getting a plan in place for if I go lithium.
trstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:48 PM   #4
AquaLuke
Getting Wild

I installed a Roypow 160p in my CC Onward and couldn't be happier. Knock on wood, I have not had a single issue.
AquaLuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:14 AM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have the Roypow 105Ah and am happy, best thing I have done for cart. But if they had the 105P back then, I would have spent a little more to get.
Bama Brad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 07:33 AM   #6
fr8mvr
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

bumping- has anything changed is 4 months? meaning anyone with first or 2nd hand experience? Price is amazing- maybe too good but then again?? https://hi-powerbatteries.com/produc...r-no-shipping/
fr8mvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 07:59 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

This data from the above web site link:

Charger: 10a charger
Nominal voltage:48.1v
Voltage:40v-54.6v max
Capacity:160ah
Power:8KWH
BMS:225 amp continuous 800 amps peak
Width : 25″
Height : 8.75″ including handles
Depth: 9.5″
Weight:73lbs
Discharge Temp range -4F to 140F
Charging Temp range 25F to 140F
Low temp charging protection
High Temp protection
Series compatible (96v-144v)
Manufactured in USA
5 year warranty included
Usa support!

First...they don't provide the data of "how long" the peak amp draw last...4 seconds?...8 seconds? 15 seconds? Second....that peak number of 800 amps seems really high.....I mean outta sight high.

I know my cart will draw in excess of 225amps for over 6 seconds. I can only assume exceeding this would shut down the pack. Of course, a mitigating factor would be setting the controller to a max amp draw of 225amp, but that....under some conditions....may effect performance to the point of not working well.

Again, I don't know the details of the "how long" once the amp draw exceeds the 225amp.....but that high number of 800amp appears suspect to me.

Also....the statement of "USA Support" troubles me. Mebby just me...but I dunno what that means. Do they have "boots on the ground" here in a distribution\support center....or do you have to send 'em back to China (?) if there's a problem?

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:28 AM   #8
fr8mvr
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
This data from the above web site link:

[

First...they don't provide the data of "how long" the peak amp draw last...4 seconds?...8 seconds? 15 seconds? Second....that peak number of 800 amps seems really high.....I mean outta sight high.

I know my cart will draw in excess of 225amps for over 6 seconds. I can only assume exceeding this would shut down the pack. Of course, a mitigating factor would be setting the controller to a max amp draw of 225amp, but that....under some conditions....may effect performance to the point of not working well.

Again, I don't know the details of the "how long" once the amp draw exceeds the 225amp.....but that high number of 800amp appears suspect to me.

Also....the statement of "USA Support" troubles me. Mebby just me...but I dunno what that means. Do they have "boots on the ground" here in a distribution\support center....or do you have to send 'em back to China (?) if there's a problem?

FWIW
They are based in Toledo, Oh. for what it's worth. I guess time for an email to get specifics.
fr8mvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:43 PM   #9
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Lithium Chemistry, Cheap, Quality, you can pick only two.

Go with a reputable manufacturer with a proven history. Lithium batteries, unlike Lead Acid should last you a very long time, 3000+ full recharge cycles. That’s over 19 years at 3 recharges per week. And then they don’t necessarily need replacing, you’re just down to 80% of the original capacity. Spending 50% more for an ECOBattery or similar is a wise decision. You’ll be saving in the long run.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 10:43 AM   #10
Pottscb
Not Yet Wild

I also wondered if anyone has used these? They have an eBay account with several dozen positive reviews, but I know they can be fake. They are significant cheaper than all of the Tier 1 manufacturers, but who plans in using a 160Ah battery for 7000+cycles…I’d rather pay half as much for 3500 cycles.
Pottscb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO