lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #11
Mac B.
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 clutch

Someone told me I need a puller to get the clutch off, is this true. If it is where do I get one and how much is it? Also, what do you think the cost is to buy all the parts I need to fix the clutch?

Thanks Mac
Mac B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #12
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

To Fix What You Have For Problems Like The Whights And Pins (you Do Not Need A Puller) Just Take The Big Bolt Out In The Middle It Will Slide Right Off. Good Luck.... Let Is Know If You Need Any Help
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #13
Mac B.
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Well I went ahead and bought all the parts I need to get the cart back up and going from Carts parts plus. I bought a high performance clutch, belt,puller, and the speed spring for the governer. The Yamaha dealership said that the weights alone would cost $160.00 so I went ahead and bought the whole clutch. I hope the speed spring will make a difference. I was going to get the spring to go in the secondary clutch, but Tom said that was for bigger tires and would not make a difference with stock wheels and tires .

Mac
Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #14
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac B. View Post
Well I went ahead and bought all the parts I need to get the cart back up and going from Carts parts plus. I bought a high performance clutch, belt,puller, and the speed spring for the governer. The Yamaha dealership said that the weights alone would cost $160.00 so I went ahead and bought the whole clutch. I hope the speed spring will make a difference. I was going to get the spring to go in the secondary clutch, but Tom said that was for bigger tires and would not make a difference with stock wheels and tires .

Mac
Yes your right...Retail is 45.92 per weight kit retail. How long have you owned your car ? When you install the "HIGH PERFORMANCE CLUTCH", Please post your feelings on the differance in the "feel" and "engagement" properties. I would like to know. Maybe others, before they change them out. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #15
Mac B.
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I have owned the cart about 6 months. Everyone told me it would pull weight fine but when I hooked my 400lb lawn plugger behind it you could tell it didn't want to pull it. A local cart dealer told me it should pull a car if you needed to. I think we got a pretty good deal on the cart. My wife found it in excellent shape. She called and asked me if it was worth $300 and I said if it runs at all its worth that. So I guess we can afford to spend some money on it.

Mac
Old 02-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #16
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
I have owned the cart about 6 months. Everyone told me it would pull weight fine but when I hooked my 400lb lawn plugger behind it you could tell it didn't want to pull it. A local cart dealer told me it should pull a car if you needed to. I think we got a pretty good deal on the cart. My wife found it in excellent shape. She called and asked me if it was worth $300 and I said if it runs at all its worth that. So I guess we can afford to spend some money on it.

Mac
In your situation........"pulling/towing", I would have gone with "jakes" or "cartpartsplus" secondary spring kit. More "torque" just no speed". I've never tried a "torque spring and a speed spring in combination" . Some times the "real problem" on Yamaha's is the "air box".... Throw money all you want......if your air box isn't sealing right.....it will run....but no power! Kep us posted on your project. Later dave
Old 02-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #17
Mac B.
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I got my parts today and put them on. The clutch dust cver rubbed the frame barely. i called Tom at CPP and he had never heard of this. I took the clutch back off and dented the frame where it was rubbing. I put it all back together and all is well. The speed spring really sped the cart up but takes a while to rev up. I guess that is just the stock engine.

Mac
Old 02-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #18
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
I got my parts today and put them on. The clutch dust cver rubbed the frame barely. i called Tom at CPP and he had never heard of this. I took the clutch back off and dented the frame where it was rubbing. I put it all back together and all is well. The speed spring really sped the cart up but takes a while to rev up. I guess that is just the stock engine.

Mac
Takes a while to rev up ? My point exactley. Witch "
Performance" clutch did you buy ? The Comet "94c" ? (usually they have 6 weights...if you can purchase another 3 and install them you may have a better clutch). In my experiance the "Comet" clutch takes a much higher "rpm" to "engage". Better off with the stock Yamaha primary clutch and "not over greasing". If the clutch was hitting your frame...I would think your motor mounts and engine tensionor assy's are bad. Keep us posted. Later Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha