lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
furburner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 88 marathon accelerater switch

I installed a simple pressure switch in the pedal, however now its balls to the wall haulin ***, . No more slow putting around??? What do i need to do?? There is no slow to fast just turn n burn
furburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 marathon accelerater switch

that has nothing to do with the switch itself (which is only an "on-off") - what most likely has happened it your throttle adjustment is out of sorts, so that by the time the pedal travels enough to engage the switch your carb is already open partially.

Adjust the throttle cable (good idea to pull a battery cable before this) so it keeps the butterfly shut until *just* after the click of the throttle switch engaging, that should do the trick
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
that has nothing to do with the switch itself (which is only an "on-off") - what most likely has happened it your throttle adjustment is out of sorts, so that by the time the pedal travels enough to engage the switch your carb is already open partially.

Adjust the throttle cable (good idea to pull a battery cable before this) so it keeps the butterfly shut until *just* after the click of the throttle switch engaging, that should do the trick
Or adjust the switch so it engages earlier and at a lesser throttle opening. 1" travel of the pedal until you hear the switch click in would be a reasonable starting point. I can't really see how changing the switch would have resulted in the throttle cable changing length. The switch engages via a threaded rod at the pivot point of the pedal linkage and therein lies the adjustment. A little tricky but simple enough. As previously mentioned, disconnect the battery or slip the drive belt off when adjusting to avoid sudden underwear soiling

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

sounded to me like he went with a different type of switch (pressure vs micro) which is why I assumed the cable adjustment was out of whack - if it is, in fact the original style switch, then yes, adjusting at the switch would be more appropriate, sorry :0

Good eye, invalid !!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
furburner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Brew city I put a pressure switch on the pedal itself
Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

gotcha - that's what I thought ... I just answered your PM, give the procedure I outlined a shot and we'll go from there if needed, but I'm pretty sure once you get the carb to open AFTER the switch clicks and engages (or right about at the same time) you'll restore the full range of throttle and be back in business
Old 06-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
furburner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

U know guys I'm dumb I lifted cart 5" and put 22" saharas on ill bet that cable needs to be adjusted like I had to cut a longer fuel line cause motor sits different now!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

usually the throttle doesn't need adjustment with a lift (at least neither of the carts I lifted did, one 5" one 4") - make sure the cable isn't pinched or bound anywhere ... Also, dumb question, but that pressure switch isn't installed so that the pedal has to be fully depressed for it to switch on, is it? The pedal should travel about 1/2" and engage the switch, but still needs to be able to travel the rest of the distance to the floor - if the switch is mounted at the end of the pedal travel, you're going to have to come up with a different plan.

Maybe if you snapped a pic or two it would help
Old 06-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #9
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by furburner View Post
U know guys I'm dumb I lifted cart 5" and put 22" saharas on ill bet that cable needs to be adjusted like I had to cut a longer fuel line cause motor sits different now!!!

You think ? Bloody shame you omitted that information

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO