lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Default Going to a bigger Carb

Hello,
I got a bigger Carb for a 2 cycle ezgo from a 89. I was going to rebuild it and clean it up and put it on my 82 2 cycle to get a little more speed. I was curious about what things would I need to change on my cart for it to work good? Would I just need to change the muffler or not, or are there any other things? Thanks for any help.
fingerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Going to a bigger Carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerpicker View Post
Hello,
I got a bigger Carb for a 2 cycle ezgo from a 89. I was going to rebuild it and clean it up and put it on my 82 2 cycle to get a little more speed. I was curious about what things would I need to change on my cart for it to work good? Would I just need to change the muffler or not, or are there any other things? Thanks for any help.
A bigger carb is going to require tuning the exhaust port for more fuel / air evacuation, the pipe will likely require some adjustment as will the spark plug heat range. You get nothing for nothing in the world of 2 stroke tuning. Start by cleaning up / polishing the exhaust port, next, clean up the intake but leave it rough for swirl of the fuel / air mix. Index your spark plug. Increase your compression ratio. Need I go on ? I used to run an RG 500 Suzuki Gamma race bike and trust me, HP gains don't come as easily as bolting on parts. It took me many 100's of dollars to get an extra 15 HP out of a 95 HP engine and tbh wasn't worth it.
If your remotely interested, here's a link to the Gamma.
http://rg500gamma.com/suzuki-rg500-gamma.html
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Amen
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

I appreciate the help. Yeah, it's a little extensive for right now. I'm going to see what things I can put on to help a little bit with what I got. I am going to buy 3 boxes full of various 2 cycle parts from this guy that I get parts from. He's going to sell them to me for $75. He's got all kind of stuff in there like mufflers,carbs,starters, electrical stuff, and other parts. He said he's done with the 2 cycles,too old lol.
fingerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO