lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #11
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best underbody lighting?

Now you're talking!! "Fricken Lasers" nice. I have something on order already, I'll see how it comes out, if no good, it's laser time.

I have one neighbor that is getting ticked off because me and another neighbor keep adding stuff to our carts. He has a stock ruff n tuff and says we are trying to one up him all the time, he commented last night when my buddy pulled up with his new 23" tires that he was going to put machine guns on his He would die if I showed up with lasers!!!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #12
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwenter View Post
Thanks for the pictures - looks like the LEDs give off plenty of light.

Scooter - can you tell me the name of the seller you bought the lights from on eBay? Thanks.
Hi-Etech??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Old 07-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #13
lakeforktx
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

LED's from Auto-Zone, found them in the Mexican section.. cheap and work good...
lakeforktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
gr8lukn
Not Yet Wild

where are the best locations to place lighting at?
I am getting a 6 bulb strobe kit, not sure if I'm gonna install them near the headlights/taillights or if I should place them under the body or in the wheel wells, or....

Ideas?
gr8lukn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #15
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

I've been putting light kits on cars, trucks, motorcycles, computers, and now golf carts for over 15 years now. I got my most recent kit from LEDGLOW and the quality is good (see my avatar).

As for mounting, I always try to mount the lights in a location that is not directly visible (such as under the cart behind a frame rail). This allows the lights to give off a subtle glow, not a direct blazing in your face light. In my avatar you can se the led's because the camera angle was low but when the cart is on the ground and you are standing the lights are not directly visible. You can secure everything with wire ties (zip ties) including the lights and controller. Hope this helps!

Click the picture to watch video

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #16
rjwenter
Getting Wild

Thanks again for all the replies. Scooter - I ordered the lights on eBay from the same seller so thanks for the info. Certainly can't beat the price.

Kellys - thanks for the tip on the zip ties. I was gonna ask for advice on mounting the lights, hopefully zip ties will do the trick.

Where do most of you guys mount the switch for the lights - or do you just wire it in to have them go on with the headlights?
rjwenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #17
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

The kit I purchased from LEDGLOW has a remote for the keychain

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I put a very small round (almost flat) rocker switch mounted in the body just below my right knee (when driving) I can just reach down with one hand and flip them on and off, plus saved me from running all that wire under the cart up to the dash. (i should have put in a fuse block when I did my stereo...)

It worked out pretty good, no one even notices the switch there, and I can just reach down and kick them on without having to lean forward or put my beer down

Zip ties to the frame work great, the one's you ordered are the same length as the fram rails.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO