lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
nockturnal_outlaw
Not Yet Wild

Default ez go pds motor swap?

Ok, I have a 2007 ezgo pds, it has 6 in lift. this cart has been a pain since i bought it. i just replaced all six batteries, then just switched the motor. the new motor. is a admirial 8.4 hp (mot-b2) modle num. i put the motor in and went to hook up the speed sencer the wires on the stock are (red,black,white) the new motor(red,black,green,) so i put red to red, black to black, and green to white. then went out to test the cart, pushed the pedal down started out fine then it stut down and let me drive it back in the drive way about 3 mph. it dose the same if i un hook the speed sencer as well . i am using the stock speed control. was told it should work fine. dose any one know what could be wrong with the motor. i =tried another stock spedo and dose the same. im ready to park it in the middle of the highway..lol
nockturnal_outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez go pds motor swap?

Welcome to BWG.

If the cart ran several feet before it shutdown, the green wire on Admiral MOT-B2 speed sensor is probably the sensor's output like the white wire was on the original motor, but it would be best to confirm with the motor manufacturer or the dealer that sold it to you.

I haven't been into carts very long, but I have worked with electrical and electronic devices for a half century or so and it sounds like you've doubled to tripled the load on a stock controller and solenoid. I may be wrong, but I suspect the stock PDS controller is going into an over-current protection mode or has failed.

From what I've read here, people usually upgrade to a Heavy-Duty solenoid and Controller before installing a higher HP motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

simply put the stock controller allows a minimum amount of current to flow to perform the task it was designed for.... to carry 2 people on a groomed golf course path.
Adding big tires and motors is asking too much from the stock control.
You need an upgraded controller and solenoid combination, as well as a few cables up-sized to make the motor run your cart...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
nockturnal_outlaw
Not Yet Wild

ok thats what i was thinking. its just that i was told it would work with the stock one. what controler should i get. i wont to get the most for my money, Im shure you guys know a lot better than i do. thank you for the help.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It depends upon how many people want to ride on it at once in what type of terrain.... You could be okay with a 400 amp controller and 200 amp solenoid. That will get you most everywhere you want to go, or you can go with a 500 amp control and 400amp solenoid & since you have the aftermarket motor..... I suggest the bigger one.
I have both combos here http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
nockturnal_outlaw
Not Yet Wild

first off thank you. i do more on road driving than off road. but i like to have the option to go anywhere. i still use it to go golfing once in a while so most of the time there is two people in my cart. i got on your sight im intersted in the 500amp kit. im gonna order it next friday. is there anything else that i will need

Tags
motor installation
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO