lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
steelhorse79
Not Yet Wild

Default Some fine tuning needed.

Fresh top end, new carb, new fuel filter, new gas lines,new crank seals. Still runns a little choppy at slow speeds. I noticed a little fuel spitting back through carb. I have a clear fuel filter close to the tank and it does not seem to remain full, cart runns good at full trrottle. Pilot screw is about 1 turn out and govener spring about half compressed. I noticed shes smoking a little more( still running break in fuel @ 40:1) Checked compression and is @ 120psi. I have not BBQ the muffler yet, do you guys think BBQ and the 128:1 mix will clean it up at low speeds or is somthing else in need of adjustment. Thanks.
steelhorse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Some fine tuning needed.

Did you adjust the pilot screw to get it to 1 turn out or did you just set it there? Normallly tiy start at 2 turns out and then adjust half a turn untilk the cart feels good. Mine ended up at 2 1/2 out.

After you have run the tank of 40:1 I would remove and clean the plug and then run 128:1. I will bet that a combination of these two things will have you running fine.

Generally the symptom of a clogged muffler is that the engine will not rev freely and eventually not reach top speed . This usually gets worse as the muffler warms up. If the points above do not rectify the situation it might be worth lighting a fire.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
steelhorse79
Not Yet Wild

I set it to 1 turn out. I will will put it at 2 turns out and play around alittle and report back. Do you think this is why I am getting some fuel spitting back through the intake? I plan on BBQ soon just havent had the time. Also did you mention in another post of a cheap lift purchased on ebay ( 89 Marathon) that you used, if so are you happy with it? Thanks for your time Dave.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I think quite probably that the spitting will go away once you are on 128:1 but I did notice quite a difference when adjusting the slow speed screw. I have had my "budget" lift kit for over a year now and I am still very happy. This picture I snagged from ebay and it is currently $54. even if I could weld I am not sure if I could make it for that.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezlift.jpg (20.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
steelhorse79
Not Yet Wild

I agree , I planned on fabricating a lift for mine but you cant beat that price. I am ordering one asap. I think I will spend the time saved on some sort of cargo box for the back.Thanks again Dave.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
steelhorse79
Not Yet Wild

Dave you were right on the money. Ended up at 2-1/4 turns out and now she runs smooth. No more backfiring down hills,I can run slow through the woods and I dont see fuel comming out the intake. Lift kit ordered,now I just need to pick a good all around tire.These carts are fun when dialed in.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

That is great enjoy the cart and yes these little 2PGs are real troopers once you get them lined up.

Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO