lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Default Re: Charging questions

I just looked and my charger is a power drive 3.
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot View Post
I do know my charging system is the 3rd gen.

Also, Yes the battery fill unit did not come with all the parts, It seems to be missing a hose and a pump? Any clue of the brand name?

This came off the GC and the seller kept it on there but this is all I got with the cart.
I'm not sure what brand of watering system that is. I would never own one and prefer using my eye once a month and filling as needed with a fill bottle like this.................

ACC-121-2.jpg
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #13
dankfoot
Getting Wild

where did u get that at? Can you buy at auto part stores?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #14
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, I bought one of them at NAPA years ago. They didn't have it in stock, and had to order it in...

I like it, but even with that, I did manage to overfill one cell one time. But that filler really does make topping off your batteries a 10 min job.
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #15
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I use an 83 cent gallon of distilled water and a funnel and just check the water levels often and fill when necessary.

The charger does get hot and will eventually cut itself off if, for some reason, it can't fully charge the cart. When I first got mine, it would run for 16 hours and cutoff and it turned out I had a bad battery. The guy I bought it from swapped it for a good one and now everything is good. Once it gets to a certain voltage, it cuts off. How long that takes depends on how drained the batteries were before charging. Don't get in a habit if unplugging it mid-charge and driving it around - not good for the batteries.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #16
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
Yes, I bought one of them at NAPA years ago. They didn't have it in stock, and had to order it in...

I like it, but even with that, I did manage to overfill one cell one time. But that filler really does make topping off your batteries a 10 min job.
I noticed the trick is to keep it perfectly level when the spout/tip is inserted into the battery fill hole. If you angle it it will allow it to fill higher then to the bottom of the fill hole well.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #17
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot View Post
where did u get that at? Can you buy at auto part stores?
I got mine from my local auto parts store. They had it in stock but as mentioned some may have to order it in from their warehouse in a day or two. All auto batteries are maintenance free now so it's not a commonly sold part. They are usually $10-$20.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #18
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thanks guys.

I put my cart on the charger last night and all seemed fine. The meter was past 15 amps but then droped back down to normal. So, I do feel better about charging it now with no issues. Let's just hope my batteries last a while even though they are older.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car