lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
bwiencek
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Crank Spur Gear & Counterbalance Weight Removal from FE engine

I just bought a Club Car 1200 Pioneer with a siezed FE400 engine. Upon removal and disassembly I found the cooling fins packed with grass and dirt/mud - no wonder why it siezed. The good news is I got the side cover off, the piston, crank, and rod journal look good but the crank still doesn't turn. I've got it down to #13 being the problem - "Rod, Connecting" that holds the counterbalance weight in the bottom of the engine is siezed up and not allowing the crank to turn. I am trying to remove the helical gear that drives the cam and spur gear off the crank (# 11 and 12 in the pic) but applying light pressure doesn't seem to budge it and I don't want to damage the crank or the gear(s) unless I have no choice.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove these two pieces? About the only things I have come up with is to try and remove the crank and try and get my bearing splitter plate around it and press them off, or use a torch to heat the gear up and hopefully expand it to let it slide off?

In short - I need to remove # 11, 12, 13 from the PTO side of the crankshaft and they're not budging...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FE-400Pic.jpg (68.2 KB, 0 views)
bwiencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
bwiencek
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Crank Spur Gear & Counterbalance Weight Removal from FE engine

In case anyone cares - pull the crankshaft out of the engine and tap the gear off with a brass drift - takes a little patience but it works it's way off.... Just don't use the balance weight rod to tap on - the gears have a key in the crankshaft that that rod wouldn't pass until the key is out of the crank.
bwiencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car