lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
screes1
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy Buggy accelerator pedal issue

Does anyone have any idea where I can find this pedal assembly? It is for a 2008 Bad Boy Buggy. Given the fact that no one wants to work on these units and parts are impossible to find, I have decided to get this thing running on my own. I'm fairly certain this is the problem given the trouble codes flashing on the controller and that all of the wiring is checking out o.k. I'm also open to any suggestion of alternative switches I could retrofit and make work. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comesys pedal switch.jpg (195.4 KB, 0 views)
screes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:29 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy accelerator pedal issue

That accelerator pedal assembly got recalled (Bad Boy got into a huge suit over some unintended acceleration issues) and the newer assembly has the pedal itself attached to it, and you drill it into the floorboard. You cannot get the old assembly you took the photo of.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #3
screes1
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much for the information. Do you know where I can buy the newer assembly to replace this one?
Old 10-20-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Sorry, We haven't worked on Bad Boy Buggies (aptly named, for being bad!) Since their support dept and parts dept are hostile to anyone not in their dealer network. We can't get service manuals or schematics for the blasted things. Hunting forums give them an 'F' rating.

People here usually win them in a 'hunt to win' contest. They don't realize they're screwed until something expensive breaks.

The only way I could even diagnose faults on the Classics was due to Sevcon having their PDF manuals online.

I only found out about the recall via Google. We had one come in with dual controller failure and when we got the new controllers they gave an 'accelerator wire off' fault and we had to order the newer accelerator. Unfortunately the boss at the time died with this information.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:07 AM   #5
screes1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your response. I've had this thing 10 years many of which it hasn't been used because of various issues with it being a poorly designed POS. I haven't used it for 2 years and was trying to get it running so I could put a brick on the accelerator peddle and drive it off a cliff (just joking)! Like you stated there is very little information available on these.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:03 AM   #6
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

It appears that your Bad Body was not modified due to the recall. IMHO i feel that EZGO is still responsible to fulfill the requirement of the recall due to the potential DEATH of the operator. Please talk to an EZGO dealership to get the real answer
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:28 PM   #7
screes1
Not Yet Wild

Great, thank you for the input it is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 01-16-2020, 12:03 AM   #8
Signsrus247
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know when the recall was done if they have anything to go back on the original plug? I just got a 09 bad boy classic and there is a grey plug loose in the battery area. I have controllers flashing 4 times saying it’s a loose connection. Just curious if I am missing something in the plug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07D50403-070C-4CD7-AAF4-6FB8070E6C0E.jpg (213.9 KB, 0 views)
Signsrus247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:04 PM   #9
frankiej89
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

that pedal looks just like the one i had to replace in my weird truck. did you ever figure this out? sevcon and comsys dont know what they even sell.. i ended up have to do the research based on the voltage in/out and splice the wires
frankiej89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:02 AM   #10
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Signsrus, it looks like the plug that goes to the controllers behind the batteries.
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad boy buggy help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts