lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
dg98adams
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-Go Steering Colum removal

Hello,
I am working on a friends 96 EZ-Go Electric Golf Cart.

The cart is lifted, and recently we (I) broke the aluminum steering arm. The front wheels were bound up coming off the trailer and I tried to man-handle it.

I also think the front end is "bent back" putting stress on the arm. I may need to straighten it and add a "bar" to prevent it.

I am pretty sure I will be replacing the arm (it now in 2 pieces right about where the bolt is in near the pivot end).

I took the 3 bolts off from the lower mount of the column....is there something else to remove to get the steering column off? Is there a nut under the steering wheel cover? Is the shaft inside the column connected to the box?

I want to remove the steering box, inspect the internals and order any parts now while I am at it. I hope it's just the box and not a complete unit.

Thanks
DG
dg98adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO