lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
txhellraiser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 ezgo txt

I usually just browse through rather than post so be easy on me. Anyway, I have a 2011 48 volt TXT. I've been slowly "upgrading" so of the appearance of the cart and made a mistake the other day and now need some assistance. I have a 12 volt deep cycle battery that is mounted on the drivers side of my cart. All my lights go to it and I charge it separately. Anyways, I had the delta Q charger receptacle out and it fell out of my hand and shorter on the negative terminal of my 12 volt battery. Now my cart won't respond to anything or move. My reverse buzzer use to buzz when the switch was in Reverse but now it doesn't do anything either. Charger doesn't work anymore. Does this sound like I fried my controller? Sorry for the novel but trying to be descriptive.
txhellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
envoy98
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 ezgo txt

I would suspect there is a fuse somewhere. Hopefully that's all it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
envoy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:58 AM   #3
txhellraiser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by envoy98 View Post
I would suspect there is a fuse somewhere. Hopefully that's all it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't find a fuse anywhere on this cart other than what I put in when I wired up my lights. The reverse buzzer will beep once if I flip the "tow" switch back and forth but otherwise, the cart is dead. I've check voltage to/from key switch to solenoid and to microswitch. Kind of at a loss.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
swm63
Gone Wild

Can't really help, but if it ends up being the controller, I've got a good pull that I'll sell cheap.

swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cart does have a charger safety interlock feature which must supply power to controller pin 5 or the control will remain disarmed. You could start by seeing if you are getting power to pin 5 when key on, in gear, pedal depressed.

You may want to see if you can disassemble the charge receptacle and see if the cart has a reed switch inside which may be burnt out.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:57 PM   #6
txhellraiser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The cart does have a charger safety interlock feature which must supply power to controller pin 5 or the control will remain disarmed. You could start by seeing if you are getting power to pin 5 when key on, in gear, pedal depressed.

You may want to see if you can disassemble the charge receptacle and see if the cart has a reed switch inside which may be burnt out.

Ok, I'll check that when I get off work. Have a lay out on how the pins are numbered? Would that keep the cart from having no power at all or would that just effect the charger not working?
Old 08-04-2017, 01:59 PM   #7
txhellraiser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by swm63 View Post
Can't really help, but if it ends up being the controller, I've got a good pull that I'll sell cheap.

Shoot me a PM with price shipped to TX. Might take you up on the offer. Can't really seem to track this problem down. Seems like everything is pointing to controller.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Since you were under the seat did you by chance have the run-tow switch turned to tow?

My TXT stopped working and the backup buzzer stopped as well. Turns out it was the run-tow toggle switch... I turned it to tow when I washed it (never got water under the seat though). I put the cart in reverse (key off though) so the buzzer would sound but no movement and then flipped the run tow a few times until I heard the buzzer work.

Once the buzzer buzzed I flipped the key on and the cart worked again.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #9
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

also, the 3 wires going from the female receptacle (black, white, and thin red). make sure the small red wire Is connected on the F/R assembly. if it comes off the car will not run or charge
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #10
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Since you were under the seat did you by chance have the run-tow switch turned to tow?

My TXT stopped working and the backup buzzer stopped as well. Turns out it was the run-tow toggle switch... I turned it to tow when I washed it (never got water under the seat though). I put the cart in reverse (key off though) so the buzzer would sound but no movement and then flipped the run tow a few times until I heard the buzzer work.

Once the buzzer buzzed I flipped the key on and the cart worked again.
good point, a lot of folks overlook the run/tow switch
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO