lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Default Re: New lithium Cart's by EZGO and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Faught View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but what movie is you avatar off of? Do I see John Candy?
An excellent movie. Planes trains and automobiles.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #12
Alex Faught
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF Titus View Post
An excellent movie. Planes trains and automobiles.
I will have to look it up. My favorite john candy movie, of all the ones I have seen would have to be uncle buck.
Alex Faught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #13
Scarite
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I've looked into them their nice I'm just personally more into gas carts.
Scarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:22 AM   #14
naplesgolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My new Elite RXV gets delivered on the 12th. After I play a few rounds with it, I will give everyone my impressions. My dealer is telling me , is that these carts are going to be a game changer for personal and fleet customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
naplesgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I posted this on another Lithium cart upgrade. I feel it's important enough for those amateurs like me.....who are thinking of upgrading to a lithium battery.....or even considering buying a new lithium cart. First....like a new model car....I never buy a first year production.

But, as I've previously posted on lithium upgrades:

So, I've discussed this with my Son who #1 is an engineer, and #2 works for one of the large auto makers. I've provided him with the web sites that have the components for a lithium conversion and he has come back with a list of questions for me that I cannot answer. He basically has done this to say "Look, your not an engineer. If you were....you would have the basic understanding of how this works, what is critical, not so much critical, and how to not get yourself into deep trouble with it. Lithium is NOT lead acid. You can run your lead acid batteries with green gunk on the terminals for a month or so. I (I being me...a "non-engineer") don't know what the "bad signs" of running lithium are.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #16
naplesgolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I hear your concerns. EZGO is using existing carts and putting in a battery and BMS that GARIA has used for two years with good success . Ezgo also claims to have tested it in the field at actual clubs in their whole fleets for years. In Korea they claim that between LG Chem and Samsung they have converted 80% of the fleet carts in use to Lithium. So I feel good about buying one. My club is most likely switching the fleet cars to these Lithium Elites this fall for the start or our busy "season". Many other clubs are doing the same as we speak.
naplesgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:08 PM   #17
Alex Faught
Gone Wild

Cushman

Lithium battery operating conditions are rather simple really. Make sure you don't go outside of the battery's current draw limits, don't charge it beyond it's maximum specified voltage limit and don't let the battery resting (no load) voltage fall below the manufacturers specified voltage. So long as all of these parameters are met, the Lithium-Ion battery is rather maintenance free till it's end. Here is a good read, I hope this is permitted: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
Old 06-04-2017, 12:54 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, it's a amazing golf cart battery, as long as each cell is kept within it's design parameters. They will be far less "fixable" once they have been allowed to dip into "bad" ranges. The "my battery pack reads 11v, can I save them" days are gone with lithium. They are a fire hazzard then.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:04 AM   #19
Alex Faught
Gone Wild

Cushman

Yup, don't want to be around a Li-Ion battery when it vents. But it is usually human error that causes them to vent.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #20
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lithium battery's will save my back LOL. I just installed some new Ranger's so in about 4 yrs I need to be educated on these lithium batts.
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO