lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #11
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 g22

Nice score. It's a great cart
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Definitely a good cart, the price is on the high end of good but definitely not unreasonable, the last batch of G22's we had I believe we blew out at $2350 in fully stock config. Some Trim Restorer and elbow grease on the faded plastics (bumpers, scuff guards, dash, etc) and that thing will look like a million bucks, Yamaha plastics seem to shine up nicer than most with minimal effort. Nice Score, NOW comes the expensive part as You begin to make it "Yours", LOL ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #13
JamiB
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Definitely a good cart, the price is on the high end of good but definitely not unreasonable, the last batch of G22's we had I believe we blew out at $2350 in fully stock config. Some Trim Restorer and elbow grease on the faded plastics (bumpers, scuff guards, dash, etc) and that thing will look like a million bucks, Yamaha plastics seem to shine up nicer than most with minimal effort. Nice Score, NOW comes the expensive part as You begin to make it "Yours", LOL ...
I agree on the "make it yours" part. Can you give me any advice on what to use to start cleaning it up? What works best?
JamiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:48 PM   #14
DareDog
Getting Wild

So is $2950 for G22 that is very clean with low hours and has back seat good price?
DareDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #15
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDog View Post
So is $2950 for G22 that is very clean with low hours and has back seat good price?
For that price, I would expect a clean, fully serviced cart. New filters, belts, and spark plug. Fresh oil and rear lube, good brakes. No slop in the front end. Zero problems.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #16
JamiB
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
For that price, I would expect a clean, fully serviced cart. New filters, belts, and spark plug. Fresh oil and rear lube, good brakes. No slop in the front end. Zero problems.
Everything that you expect in that price I am getting for $2575, so I think I'm getting a great deal with mine
Old 06-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #17
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiB View Post
Everything that you expect in that price I am getting for $2575, so I think I'm getting a great deal with mine
You'll love the G22...
Old 06-15-2017, 04:23 PM   #18
JamiB
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
You'll love the G22...
Recommend any upgrades?
Old 06-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #19
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiB View Post
Recommend any upgrades?
It all depends on what you want to do. If you want to keep a stock platform and do performance upgrades, Plowmans has the best bang for your buck. I've got the Hot Setup on a G22, and it kicks...

http://www.plowmanscarts.com/parts_g_16_g_22.html
Old 06-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #20
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I agree with Dave, it's hard to beat Dons' "Hot Setup" - You'll add a considerable amount of torque, and it's not uncommon for a HS cart to run out in the low 30mph range. We use Turtle Wax "Trim Restorer" (make sure You get the type that includes the applicator pad, they make 2 types and the one that is just the liquid doesn't last as long once applied). Wash all your black plastics throroughly and let dry completely (overnight is good) then using the applicator, apply a complete coat of the restorer, let it flash off / dry (about an hour or so in the summer heat is good) then reapply a second, lighter coat. That stuff is amazing and of all the products we've used (Mothers, Trimwell, etc) it seems to produce the best results over time, generally once a season is enough to keep the black trim looking like new.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha