lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2020, 12:04 AM   #11
Trukntigger
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 RXV too much slack in throttle cable

OK, I tinkered more with it and probably did a no no but hey it worked. Grabbed the whole assembly bar that holds that adjusting nut with cable and bent it away some then threaded it back. At first was too much other way and super sensitive but with several adjust/test drive/adjust some more and test again I am much happier. I can now hear the relay even click at pedal before the butterfly opens thus backfire gone. Still get wot on carb and not banging the govenor. Guessing speed around 18-20 max which is fast enough considering the low pro 215/35r14 backlash tires and normally just ride around at maybe half that.

Yep, western Ky off the Jonathan Creek finger of KY lake in Pirates Cove. Almost think I saw that red cart of yours around here 4Mula1fan. Lots of carts and some side by sides run around here so can't be sure and don't think I've seen an electric one yet, guess with the miles of local road running, shoreline trails and the hills it's gas or nothing.
Trukntigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #12
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 RXV too much slack in throttle cable

Where I am in northern Indiana it's probably about 95% gas. My shop is in a recreational lakes area and the nearby towns are golf cart friendly. Indiana is "local option" on street use of golf carts. So people use their carts as another family car. Some of the local campgrounds and associations allow drivers as young as 14, so you can image how popular it is with the kids getting their first taste of "driving". With the kids running around on an electric cart all day, Mom & Dad are left wondering if they have enough battery power to make it where they're going & back. With a gas cart a full tank gives something on the order of 250 miles of range, so that's a big difference. Older electric carts struggled with hills, but the newer (AC drive) ones don't have near the problem.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO