lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #1
G-Daddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Torque

I have a 1999 EZGO series car that is used almost exclusively as a campground cart. It is stock except for lights and a rear seat. As my grandkids are growing, torque is becoming an issue. Last fall I rebuilt the battery tray as I had a serious corrosion problem. When I had the batteries out I did a complete 4 ga wiring upgrade. This fall I plan to add a Jakes 6" spindle lift and 23x11x10 tire upgrade, which I understand will also require more torque. I think this is the controller I need: https://www.cartszone.com/catalog/cart09/485.htm
Do I need to do anything else?
G-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Torque

Gdaddy
That controller you are looking at is designed for non lifted carts only and stock motors only with no noticable performance increase,and by you're statement above you plan to lift you're cart with larger tires .You might want to look at the AXE versions of the alltrax as they are programmable ,if you want to stick with 400 amps maybe the 4844p would work for you that way if you do a motor upgrade later you are good to go .I would call Cart Zone or one of the other site sponsors and find out exactly what you need ,but that is just my lame two cents worth happy shopping
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO