lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: how to remove the clutch ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Around here they want $70 to $110 to take the clutch off. Depending on what condition, as I was told...I thought it would be cheaper than buying the tool...SURPRISE!!

CartTrader

I have read of various methods of removing clutches ranging from a ball bearing in front of a threaded bolt to a slug of grease to "hydraulic" the buggers off but $70-$110 to shift it ? Are these people on drugs ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #12
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: how to remove the clutch ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
I have read of various methods of removing clutches ranging from a ball bearing in front of a threaded bolt to a slug of grease to "hydraulic" the buggers off but $70-$110 to shift it ? Are these people on drugs ?

Chris.
I was quite amazed at the amount myself...So I tried my own version. 5/16 steel rod and a fine threaded bolt 1 1/4 inches long. Popped the first clutch off just fine. Went to the one that needed fixed. Wouldn`t budge!! Took bolt out..rod wouldn`t come out!! OH CRAP !! Put bolt back and torqued it down tight..still wouldn`t budge. hammered on the bolt the best I could (still in cart) finally with a 1 1/2" wood dowel and a sledge on the engine side after repeated pounding it popped off. had a heck of a time getting it away from the engine as the metal rod was still stuck in it. Finally got the clutch out and then got the rod out....The rod was twisted like a corkscrew. I guess you need a hardened rod and a pivot point to get some of them.. Must be why ScottyBs rod was in the bolt and could turn in the bought one.
So they can be made BUT be careful what you make them out of.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car