lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
PostalGuy
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 Medalist with a need for speed

Hello everyone. New to the forum with an old cart that badly needs speed (motor worn out). Need advise on what to do with my 94. Its 36V stock everything. I want to leave it a 36V but upgrade on the motor, controller, wiring, etc. Don't really want to buy newer. What would be my best combo for getting 20mph (+). Primarily play on level course. I have about $2K.
PostalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 1994 Medalist with a need for speed

400+amp Alltrax controller +/-$500
4 gauge cables -$100
EMP 2 speed golf cart motor so you can have speed AND torque. -$400 ish including shipping to and from.
H/D solenoid -$100

For a grand total of $1100

If and when you decide to upgrade to 48 volts you will be ready to rock and roll with the excetion of maybe a 48 volt solenoid. The 36 volt solenoid will work but how long is the question.

You could also swap the medalist boidy for a newer TXT body.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
....If and when you decide to upgrade to 48 volts you will be ready to rock and roll with the excetion of maybe a 48 volt solenoid.....
let's not forget a 48v charger....
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
rdnktrkr
Getting Wild

When I bought mine the batteries were bad and no charger so I went straight to 48, I've had a few people drive it and all like the 48v system. If I bought another one I think my first upgrade would be to 48v. I don't know my speed but it will pull strong and go fast enough for the steering and brakes. Good luck Greg
rdnktrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO