lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Precedent steering wheel adaptors

I've just been browsing the internet for options and it's clear that the precedent has it's own steering wheel adaptor(s) that are needed to install an aftermarket steering wheel. They seem to be more expensive than the adaptors for the other club cars as well. But, are they all the same? In other words, can I just go find a good deal on an adaptor that will fit a precedent and then go get the wheel I want later? Or are there different adaptors for different wheels as well as different model carts? Is there a specific brand or part number I should be looking for?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent steering wheel adaptors

No, the adapter will work for whatever wheel you want. At least thats what I've always known but a safe bet would be to get an adapter from like Grant and then stay with a Grant steering wheel. Last time I was at auto zone I looked at the wheels and they had a chart on the back and it shows what adapter you need for what cart....that being said I can't say for sure if the Precedent was listed. Most of the custom wheels use a 3 bolt mount. You can't use the stock wheel on the adapter but that wouldn't make sense anyways.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Click on this link to see the way I went... Vendor right here on BGW.

Whichever way you go, call the vendors if you don't find what you're looking for on their websites... they have way more then what they show

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ing-wheel.html
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Scuba, saw your thread earlier when I did a search. Nice looking setup for that kind of money. But, man, it says you paid 50 bucks for the wheel but 108 for everything. So, you've got as much in the adaptor as you do the wheel?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedClub View Post
Scuba, saw your thread earlier when I did a search. Nice looking setup for that kind of money. But, man, it says you paid 50 bucks for the wheel but 108 for everything. So, you've got as much in the adaptor as you do the wheel?
What I paid for both is less then what most pay for just the steering wheel. My adapter is billet aluminum and the steering wheel is chrome plated aluminum. Most billet adapters will run from $40 and up... others not billet will be less... its strictly a matter of personal taste... always get what makes you happy... not what the price is... in my case price and looks came together for me.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
ssdane
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I can't speak for the Precedent carts, but the ds carts take a 3671 adaptor for Grant steering wheels and the EZGO TXT takes a 3670 adaptor. I like the 3-spoke chrome wheel just because this is what we had back in the day on our CHEVELLES and CAMAROS. Hope this helps!
ssdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
kipg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Most the adapters I have seen are the billet ones that are pretty expensive. Somewhere someone makes this one, but I have not been able to find them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg precedent.jpg (41.7 KB, 11 views)
kipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
freddmc
Gone Wild

Check out Forever Sharp(http://www.foreversharp.com/servlet/StoreFront)
They should be able to help you and were very helpful when I call.
They have the steering wheel and adapter combo. Mine was 109 with the billet adapter. Love it!
freddmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
snoop911
Gone Wild

Club Car

did you ever find this black adapter now that I am doing work on the cart I want to change the steering wheel also but I want a black one not billet/chrome
Let me know
snoop911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #10
kipg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, I got one from local guy that got dashes for us.
kipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car