lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
SteveHMcIntosh
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Whats the Range on my 97' EZGO

I was wanting to know other peoples range on their golf cart similar to mine. I have a 97' EZGO with a 6 in Jakes Lift and 22in tires. My batteries are new (from Costco $73 each) I have gone more than 11 miles so far on pavement with some hills and it has not slowed down once. I have taken it over 10 miles in the woods on hilly trails and it has not showed one bit of slowing down... Does anyone have any info on how far I can go on one full charge? I started out at 3 miles, then 5 then 9 then 11 and I guess I will keep going until i have to call someone to pick me up and drag me home. I wanted to get a rough range before I took off down a beach somewhere or got out in the woods too far to get back but so far I have not been able to determine my exact limit... I also suspect as my batteries age my range will lessen.
SteveHMcIntosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2010, 03:25 AM   #2
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Whats the Range on my 97' EZGO

Everyone's milage is different based on the set up and battery type. The amp hours is the rating used on batteries. The more the better. I have the new costco ones which are 235 Amp hours. They cost 89.00 bucks here on Maui, I am sure they are cheaper near you. I would and I am in the process of putting a volt meter in my cart. This will give you a better idea of how far down you have run the batteries. It was recommended by some member here to let new batteries drain down or discharge down to 70% on the first 10 charges of new batteries and never let them discharge below 50%. I am sure other will other advise. But put volt meter display on or use a volt meter and see what percentage you are at on you batteries after your test runs.

aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Whats the Range on my 97' EZGO

You can always put a battery meter on the cart.. When you hit 50% turn around
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amps, battery, ezgo, range, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO