lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Red face 1998 Yamaha G16E - no go

Morning.

I've been slowly trouble shooting this one for a while and am a little stumped....

I've verified resistance on the pot, accelerator brake switch and around the brand new diodes, did a motor check, have voltage across the pack and checked the wiring diagram countless times (been burned on that one many times). I only get the rev buzzer to work; which is exciting to have something working!!!

Finally got the solenoid clicking (it took some tapping) but somethings is weird. There is always +36V across the big terminals, with and without the pedal engaged. When I press the pedal I do get one of the smaller terminals to read +36V. Shouldn't I only get voltage on the second big terminal once the activation terminal is engaged??? I've even tried a brand new solenoid (for an EZ Go) and I get the same clicking and always voltage across the big terminals???

I assume the controller is bad since it's getting power from the solenoid (always???) and resistance from the pot (also not getting 0-5K or 5-0K ohms exactly on my voltmeter unless I'm reading it wrong???). Just not sure why the solenoids always give juice across the big ones??? Is this normal? What can I check next?

Thanks in advance!
Ryan4t4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1998 Yamaha G16E - no go

Thought I teed this one up nicely...

Just need to know that the solenoid is bad even though it's clicking. It shouldn't always have positive across the big terminals, right?

Just want confirmation before spending $70 on the HD solenoid. Yeah, I'm that cheap.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1998 Yamaha G16E - no go

Picked up a free Curtis 1205 controller and installed it; worked like a charm. I assume the solenoid is always hot on both sides since there isn't smoke and the cart works.

You can all sleep well tonight. A good weekend to all...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha