lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
mark6065
Not Yet Wild

Default 85 g1 oil pump adjustment

anybody know the correct adjustments on the g1 oil pump after taking out the oil pump i removed the top cap and could see a cap that allows the pump to be adjusted. i bought this cart used and want to make sure it is set to factory specs
mark6065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: 85 g1 oil pump adjustment

I think most people disconnect these after a while and just pre mix. Not sure about adjusting the pump.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6065 View Post
anybody know the correct adjustments on the g1 oil pump after taking out the oil pump i removed the top cap and could see a cap that allows the pump to be adjusted. i bought this cart used and want to make sure it is set to factory specs
sorry....there is no adjustment. the screw you see under the cap is the "air bleeding screw".
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
mark6065
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the info wasnt sure really sure how that thing worked
Old 04-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

its best not to premix as the system is designed to only oil at higher throttle...and this lets it run much cleaner with less smell and less plugging of the muffler like the thread I just answered about the smoking g1...their is a way to test it by disconnecting the hose and running it at meduim throttle for like ten minutes....you will see like one drop come out....they rarely actually fail as long as the hoses are all connected and in good shape but I have heard of it happening of course you only hear one side of the story from someone with a burned up motor too....mine works great on my 80 g1...much better than my smoky stinky 83 columbia with a premix...and a reciently cooked clean muffler.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
mark6065
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the info after taking off the cap. i could turn the cap that had teeth that meshed with the other half. the screw cap in the middle i could either raise or lower depending on how many turns i made left or right. i just turned it back to the same adjustemt it was before i removed it. thats why i thought it was adjustable
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha