lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
bigguy1949
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2006 Precedent seat cover replacement

I just purchased this cart, and the seat cover is cracked. I received a new cover with the cart, but can not figure out how to install it. The original seat looks to be glued to the plastic base. I was told to just wrap it around and staple it, but that does not sound right because the seat would be resting on the vinyl cover and soon wear out. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
bigguy1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 Precedent seat cover replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy1949 View Post
I just purchased this cart, and the seat cover is cracked. I received a new cover with the cart, but can not figure out how to install it. The original seat looks to be glued to the plastic base. I was told to just wrap it around and staple it, but that does not sound right because the seat would be resting on the vinyl cover and soon wear out. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
I'm not sure I follow that comment but it is normal to put the new cover over the original. However; you can also remove the existing vinyl, it is just more difficult to pull the new cover to the correct shape since the foam padding tends to grip on it. What I have done in this situation is wrap the foam with seran wrap, installed the cover and then trimmed off the seran once stapled in place. It's also a good idea to lay out the new cover in the sun for an hour or so to warm it up and make it pliable.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

everyone is going to have their own way of doing this however i can,t agree more about setting it out in the sun.........that will make the difference................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
bigguy1949
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for that info. I do not have a problem putting the cover over the original. The concern is how to fasten it on. With the foam glued to the base there is no way to staple the new cover without wrapping clear around the base, which would mean the staples would show when the seat is opened, and the cover would very soon wear out from rubbing. There is no plywood base under the foam. Thanks for any help
Old 07-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
MotorCityMonsterCarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Stapling over the old seat is the only way to replace a seat cover on a Precedent...Best way to fix a seat on a precedent is to buy a new seat...check eBay
MotorCityMonsterCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
bigguy1949
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello, Thanks for all the info. i finally figured out the only way is to remove the cover and foam from the plastic base. Cut a piece of 1/2" plywood to fit the foam. Place foam and new cover on plywood and staple to underside. Place seat on the plastic base and use 3/4" screws through the plastic base. This is really easy and cheaper than buying a whole new seat. My old cover had just two small cracks in it, so I Duct taped them and put the new cover over the old. I did use some spray adhesive between the covers to help keep from wrinkleing. It came out looking great.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Gotta tell on myself here-putting new seat covers on 2001 CC rebuild in dead of winter. Great idea to heat up the new vinyl covers in the Microwave-Did 10 seconds, still cold went for 30 seconds and cover was very warm. When unfolded in garage found 2 large holes burned in the cover!! Called "Everything Carts" & after laughing a lot & telling everyone in the room the nice lady sent me a new back piece, at cost. They said they now had a new warning to put on the install instruction sheet. 80 yrs.old & still making dumb moves...

Last edited by dcannow; 07-26-2011 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: correction
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

ok the best thing that i have use for glueing the seat back is the black clauking that they use when putting in a wind shield in cars . you have to use the primer to . but that is the only type of glue that i have used that works. the kit cost about $30 can be bought at car quest. a seat shop here in town gave me the tip iv used it 4 times. the seats are still ther. good luck
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

Has anyone else with a Precedent used this method?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy1949 View Post
Hello, Thanks for all the info. i finally figured out the only way is to remove the cover and foam from the plastic base. Cut a piece of 1/2" plywood to fit the foam. Place foam and new cover on plywood and staple to underside. Place seat on the plastic base and use 3/4" screws through the plastic base. This is really easy and cheaper than buying a whole new seat. My old cover had just two small cracks in it, so I Duct taped them and put the new cover over the old. I did use some spray adhesive between the covers to help keep from wrinkleing. It came out looking great.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
Ksnell
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is my work in progress. Any tips on changing the funky seat cover who knew little ol golf carts could cost so much. I started with a 2200$ cart that's scaring the hell out of 4k now

Ksnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car