lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
shlong
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default spray paint

Anyone done a quality paint job on their cart using spray paint? I have my body prepped and ready, glazing putty, primer, wet sant, etc. I have done some very nice work in the past with some dupli-color spray paint as well as some krylon products. This is kinda big and starting to second guess a little.
Anyone got pics?
Thanks in advance.
shlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: spray paint

I have painted lots of stuff with rattle can paint and most turned out ok as long as I took my time and followed the advice on the can. I try to use several light coats instead of trying to "1-coat" it. If you do your prep work right, then you will be satisfied. I have also found that if I take the time to find the cans that have the valves that spray a fan pattern not the typical valve on the cheap wally world paint, I get better coverage and better results. I just touched up my marathon and plan on a camo vinyl wrap in the near future.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
dodgefather
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just got done painting mine with spray bombs and I must say it turned out great! Not patting myself on the back or anything but if you take your time and use quality paint it will turn out great. I went to the auto parts store and they put the HOK PPG in them. A few dollars for sand paper, plastic filler, bulldog stuff (that was the most expensive) and paint is all you need.
dodgefather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #4
dodgefather
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here it is:

Painted with a spray can. I am pleased and thats what matters. I say go for it.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
cartgirl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Wow!! That looks great. I was thinking of repainting mine but wasn't sure it would work. Thanks for the info guys!!
cartgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

if you spend the time to do the prepping right yo might as well get some good paint for it and clear... at least go with a better brand rattle can like alsacorp.com they've got automotive quality paint available in rattle cans as well as clear coat
EVLLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:54 PM   #7
dodgefather
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree, I went with Omni and they mixed it with the flex additive, clear and put it in the can for me. Costs a little more but the results are worth it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint