lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
jason44
Not Yet Wild

Default need help installing battery gauge

hello all...
I have an electric yamaha golf cart and want to install a battery gauge.
I understand how the wiring works, but does anybody know if there is a template or bracket for installing the device on the dash? If so, where on the dash would it go? Does the whole front dash come apart fairly easily?
Is there a direct route to run the wires from the batteries to the front dash?

I imagine this is probably a fairly simple process but I don't want to cut a hole in my dash and have something done wrong.

thanks
jason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: need help installing battery gauge

which battery gauge is it? (I would very highly recommend Scottyb's digital meter he sells. One of the wires on your keyswitch should have 12v so just tie into that wire. As for a template...if it didn't come with one then there really isn't one, just grab a file and have patience. It took me about 15 tries before I got it to fit in snug...
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
byrd1972
Not Yet Wild

Not sure about a Yamaha, but here is what i did on my club car. Get under the cart and see if you can see the back of the dash, or if there is any way the wires can be dropped from behind the dash. Use a hole saw attached to a drill and cut the hole where you want it. Hook up the gauge, push the wires through the hole and then run them under the cart to the batteries, just be sure and measure the gauge and get a hole saw a little smaller. Hope this helped.
byrd1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
VC-Racing
Getting Wild

Yamaha

When I did mine , I made one mistake..... I put it directly in front of one of the cup holders..... So I had to use a heat gun to modify it so the gauge would fit flush ..
My directions did not have anything that would allow me to tap into the on off switch so instead I decided to use a monetary rocker switch... everything else was simple and straight forward. Also DO NOT FORGET to install a inline fuse at the *Pos + * battery connection... As far as template the packaging that came with mine had a insert that the gauge fit in. It was removable and that's what I used as a template....
VC-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
swampsat
Getting Wild
Yamaha

need to know what type of cart (G-22,Drive, etc) And type of gauge ?
swampsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha