lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
barefutbo
Not Yet Wild

Default cart clicks

i have a 91 club car just put 6 new batteries,5 solenoids & 6 micro switchs in and still dosent move until u turn wheel by hand then motor will kick in but seems like it dosent have much juice. when i purchased cart didnt hav any batteries & i put 3 deep cycle 12 volt batteries in and it ran strong, but my friend told me that would damage so i parked it until i got $ together to buy batteries , then when i did put new batteries in it wouldnt do anything but click so i then replaced all solenoids & switchs & still didnt help. dont kno what else to do . would appreciate help
barefutbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: cart clicks

Welcome to the forum barefutbo................

Do you have the correct battery cables on it?

Are you sure the cable ends are clean?

Are you sure the cable ends are Tight on the post?

If the cables are NOT correct, clean, & tight, this problem will occour.

Let us know.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if everything is wired right and if you spin the wheels it will go look at the motor brushes you may need a set.......BTW welcome............you,ll have to take the motor out ( HEAVY ) but not hard brushes arn,t to bad to replace just take your time......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i should have added that new batts are approx 75 % that may be why it seems weak once they are broke in you,ll notice a difference............make sure you break them in right................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
barefutbo
Not Yet Wild

hey guys and thx for the welcome, i did hav some cables that wasnt #4 gauge wire so i replaced them and now hav all #4 wire coming off motor and connecting all batteries & cart still jus clicks when pedals is pressed unless i turn whells by hand then motor will kick in and begin to turn wheels but it is a very weak or slow rotation. thx again for ur help>bg
Old 10-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
barefutbo
Not Yet Wild

if i should replace brushs in the motor can u show picture of motor wher brushes r and wher can i get replacement brushs at? pictures or diagrams would b helpful and appreciated ............thx >bg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car