lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Inherent instability of certain Club Car Lift kits.

what page ?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #12
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...-build-21.html
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #13
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
The problem with E-bay is there is no symbol for the guys with the white hats vs the black hats. There is NO REAL BUYER FEEDBACK. There is no Consumer reports to reference.

Most E-Bay buyers do a search, with a sort on price. Cheapest win, that's how you make money on E-Bay. It concerns me with the cart builds how many buy the cheapest "stuff" then flip the cart to a newbie. That will max profit which is the focus of some.
Unfortunately, you are correct. These days the accepted norm seems to be the give the job to the lowest bidder. It reminds me of that line in the movie Armageddon..."You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?" On eBay you want to look for the guys who have a lot of transactions and still have the highest feedback. Top Rated sellers tend to have good reputations, and I can tell you that it is HARD to stay Top Rated. Buyers leave crap feedback because the shipping company takes 4 days instead of 3 and they ding the seller who shipped the item 37 minutes after purchase even though the seller did everything in their power to make it happen. I agree, the feedback system is greatly flawed and the reason is that ebay wants it flawed. The more bad feedback, the less Top Rated sellers and the less the number of discounted fees that they collect (in case you didn't know, ebay gets 10% of the final sale price as well as the shipping fees.....Top Rated gets a 20% discount and the fees are reduced to 8%......which makes a difference when you sell a few thousand bucks worth a month like some of us do) And you are correct on the buyers searching on price, they do. They look for the cheapest incarnation of whatever they want and buy it, paying no attention to where it's made or what the warranty is or for that matter if it passes any common standards, like UL. I encourage my buyers to contact me with questions, and I make myself available through email as well as telephone for those who have inquiring minds. Sometimes a phone call leads me to telling someone that they don't want what they are looking for, even if it means I don't get to sell them what they wanted but didnt need in the first place.

Your best bet is when buying a cart, buy it from someone reputable who stands behind their product and gives a warranty. I give varying warranties with my carts I sell, from none on some carts to 90 days on others. And I've covered things that weren't my fault at all, even if its blatantly obviously the customers fault. That builds a good reputation and that brings in customers who'll be loyal and refer. Sure, I eat a few costs at times but I come out ahead in the end. Find a guy like me, buy a cart there, and you should find yourself happy. (not blowing my own horn there, but find someone who stands behind their products and makes things right should they go wrong) And for the love of Pete, buy AMERICAN made

And this whole topic of cheap isn't only subject to carts. Its also those people with $75K Cadillac Escalades wanting the cheapest brake job possible. Spent 75G's on the truck, wants a $99 brake job. Yea, that's a great idea isn't it? But that has become the way people see things these days. They don't understand after they buy 4-5 of the cheap version they could have paid for one good decent set.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #14
Tomk303
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Very informative article. I am new to the golf cart scene but have a good mechanical background. A friend of mine has a CC DS and was having the issue with the brake pedal kicking back and the brakes locking up. I found that his u-bolts were not tight and the plate was not on the alignment pin properly. I did the best I could to repair this and it was better but not completely gone. I am going to revisit this cart and see how to resolve it s issue based on this article.

Thank you for the great article. Do you think that elastic locking nuts would help prevent the nuts from coming loose or maybe double nutting them?
Tomk303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:44 AM   #15
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Worst rear lift I've come across was "home made". Someone had made extended spring shackles at the both front and rear of the leaf springs on an electric DS. Every input of throttle or brake had the axle and motor swinging front to back like the glider on a child's swing set. The current owners bought it that way, but wondered why it drove so "jerky"!
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:44 PM   #16
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Very old thread but a very good read.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:04 PM   #17
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
Very old thread but a very good read.
Yep, bringing this Thread back up is timely for me, as I'm working on sorting the underside of our (new to us) Precedent.

Our 6" Lifted '10 has the "premature" brake lock-up
would also like more suspension compliance if that's even possible?

Other than that, the cart (our 1st) seems to handle, track, turn pretty well considering what it is...
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car