lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
82EZGO
Not Yet Wild

Default 82 engine questions

Hello All, Ive searched the forum multiple times and the internet and can not find a good instruction on how the governor should be hooked up on my 82 ezgo.

Another thing about the cart is I rebuilt the top end and the cart had about 125 psi compression then about a month of driving it on occasion it began to start sputtering when it got warm, governor not hooked up but it was driven moderately. I did a compression test and found that it was down to 95 psi after the sputtering started. I then pulled the top end off again and replaced the rings and gaskets.. did another compression test after with the exhaust off and it was still around 95 psi. The muffler is completely clogged up so I am purchasing another one. Could not having the exhaust hooked up make it only have 95 psi?

Any answers are greatly appreciated. I am trying to learn more about these engines!
82EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 82 engine questions

Did you check the compression warm or cold after the rebuild?
I've always been taught to check it warm with the throttle wide open. I'm sure others will chime in too. Also as far as the govenor is concerned from what I'm learning about these the throttle works kind of backwards with the govenor hooked up. I bought mine and the gov. was already disconnected.
JohnnyG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Before you buy a new muffler, try the barbecue cleaning method. Throw it in a hot fire for several hours.

What oil ratio were you mixing?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #4
82EZGO
Not Yet Wild

JohnnyG67 I checked the compression when it was cold, so I will have to check it when it is warm and get an update on the compression. As for the governor, it seems like all the components are there but just not sure how it hooks up the carb.

Cart around, the muffler had so much rattle to it and I actually cut the bottom open with the intension to weld it back up but found that the inside baffle was clogging the hole to the exhaust exit, so I just went ahead and ordered a new one. Should be here this week and I am gonna throw that on. As for the oil mixture, I mix it 128:1.

Thank you for the replies and I will get some pictures up of the governor parts on what I have. Ill also update when I receive the muffler and put it on.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:56 PM   #5
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

After a rebuild, the first tank full should be 40:1 to break in the new rings.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #6
82EZGO
Not Yet Wild

Cart around, thank you for letting me know that. I will mix up some new gas before firing it up once I get the muffler in!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO