lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #1
ldj1002
Getting Wild

Default Cart won't run

Have cart with 295 4 cycle engine and can't get it to run. I have read several posts on possible problem. You go to start it and engine will start cranking over and you can tell it is barley running because you can hear and RPM pick up a little but it really isn't running. When you take foot off gas it won't keep going, What I've done: Checked compression, 140 and 145 cold and didn't put any oil down cylinders, checked valve lash all good at .004, checked timing and all marks line up correctly. Belt was a little loose,I could deflect 1/4" with no pressure so I tightened it up to specks. I haven't put it back together but I wouldn't think timing belt a little loose would cause this. Any other ideas what I could check?
ldj1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2016, 09:18 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart won't run

Good gas? Carb clean? Spark?
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:25 AM   #3
steve_empire@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Did you try starting fluid?
steve_empire@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:31 PM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Fuel+air+spark= fire ..... Pull the plugs and ground them to see if its getting spark. Pull the gas line and see if when you turn it over it spurts gas well. If both check out then pull the carb and give it a good cleaning, really good as in fully disassemble and drop in a can of carb cleaner over night. Blow it out with compressed air paying particular attention to the main jet by running a fine wire through it.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO