lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2016, 08:52 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: New to me G9, need some trouble shooting advice

You don't tighten that spacer much. Hey, I thought you bought beer to get your friends to show up? lol
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2016, 09:43 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

early on, the beer is a good motivator to get stuff done, later in the evening, things take a turn toward the "less productive side". BTW, its still early here .
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:38 AM   #13
westernbronco
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
You don't tighten that spacer much. Hey, I thought you bought beer to get your friends to show up? lol
LOL. That was good. Besides, most do not care for my cheep beer. They have migrated to the high octane micro brew stuff.

Hopefully it will be raining tonight so I don't feel the need to get back on the lawn mower and work more on the cart. I mowed from the time I got home from work, until dark yesterday. I will probably have to do that 2 more times to get it all done. The property was starting to look like it was abandoned.
westernbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:01 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

MBL 30 packs! LOL! But I usually drink rum or something like that, I can't hammer brew after a dinner very well and fri/sat night is about the only time I have for fun, if I don't have to work sat of course. I rode the mower until dark last night, had to mow every 4 days with this rain it feels like spring. But I'm done with the yard and part of the back I mow once in a while. You need a bigger mower! I love my 62" but I'd have a 72 if I found one, and I don't really need one plugging up my garage more than this one does lol.

I will take a newcastle once in a while, really like that stuff for some reason. Not enough to afford it very often though lol.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #15
westernbronco
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You are correct on the bigger mower. I am on a 42" simplicity right now. I have my hopes on a 60" zero turn in the next few years.

I did make some progress last night. I got the new carb spacer and a new carb. Fuel is no longer splashing out the carburetor throat. Still no bang, just a random miss fire while first turning it over. I forgot to pick up a spark plug while I was out on my parts run. I did notice this one is sparking funny. Hopefully that will fix it.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

They do love to foul plugs worse than a 2 stroke if the mixture is not right! Not sure why but they will. Not sure what you have, but fouled plug will fire here and there and not run. Sometimes you can pull the plug boot part way off make the spark jump in there and it will run that way.

I don't want a ZT mower, if I'm not getting paid its too much work to run one on my free time. Give me a wheel I can run with one hand, drink something with the other if I want, push branches out of the way, etc, no ZT mower for me. They work great but so does my deck mower its just a little longer.

I found this mower used with no engine. At the time it was cheaper to buy a new engine and other new parts like pto pulleys and axle bushings than it was to buy a running one. And then I had a new engine to boot, just had to do the labor for free to install it. But being a commercial machine I don't see me wearing it out, ever, long as I keep it going and can get parts. Unless the very reliable hydro takes a dump, then its junk lol and I'll pull the engine back out.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:49 PM   #17
westernbronco
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well, new plug didn't work. It will pop at the beginning of turning over, then nothing.. Pulled the Plug, and it is Wet. I have good blue and consistent spark. I pulled the air shrouds off and see tool marks on the flywheel nut. I think that I will be pulling that off tomorrow to see if there is a key in the key way.

Now here is a new symptom. With the plug in, under starter load. The starter will bog then it will pop. after the pop, it starts to freewheel. Like a normal cart right as it starts but nothing... If I get off the peddle and then back on, it will repeat. The battery is up, I have been charging it in between everything. I am one step of frustration away from pulling the engine out and seeing if the cam and crank are in time or 180 out.

Hopefully the weekend will bring some light to the subject and I will find the simple thing that I am overlooking. Time for a beer and some pondering.. Cheers.

Also, thanks to all of you for the advice. If there is something else that I should look at, let me know. I am looking forward to getting passed this part and onto the fun.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If its out of time the flywheel, cam, or the ignitor is bad maybe but they usually start if it works at all and if you have fire its working.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:30 PM   #19
westernbronco
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It's Alive....... and I learned a lot about this little monster.....

So I broke down and bought a new Ignitor box. I went from having spark to no spark.. That required a few white cans to contemplate the problem. Read some other posts... Seen a few about looking into the harness. Their symptoms were not the same. But close enough. Pulled the harness, laid it out on the kitchen table. Cut all the tape off. In the last 3 inches of tape left, I found a broken ground for the ignitor. Follow this with cursing and another white can... Next day, patch the harness. rewrap the harness in tape. Installed. Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow...... Victory finally.....

Went on a glory lap in the yard, in the rain... She defiantly a bug killer... It smokes like an old steam ship. 10 minutes of running and I fouled out the plug. But it runs... Pretty sure I have a stuck (or missing) ring... Has good power until the plug starts going south.

So now, the next steps.... Build / repair thread once I get the work shop back into order. This will be on a small budget. But I have a tube bender, lathe, mill, and welder at my disposal. Going to address the smoking to start.

I do what to thank all of you that have offed help with this. It is a small win. But it is win.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Its common for the oil ring to go bad first, it runs fine but smokes. You can rebuild or put a clone in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha