lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
G-gaurd
Getting Wild

Default G1 has been resurrected...saved from the scrap heap

I finally got my G1 up and running:headb ang: .... When I had my coil re-wound I didn't have any specs to go by so when it returned I just assumed that the resistance would be correct plus I didn't understand the +/- 10% ... Anyway ... Got it figured out ... Now I would like to know how to get more speed out of the stock motor cause it's only giving me about 12 to 15 mph ... How does one adjust the governor ? ... I would use the search key but I'm on my tablet and I can't get it to stay open
G-gaurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #2
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Default Re: G1 has been resurrected...saved from the scrap heap

You will find what I did with mine on post #6 http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...t-project.html
Some people bypass by connecting throttle cable directly to carb. Be careful to remove exhaust butterfly or make sure it stays open.
WHERE ARE THE PICS???
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:36 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Drill out the "d" on the governor arm on top of the rear end
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
G-gaurd
Getting Wild

Pics to follow .... Got to get some going on this tablet .... Not gonna do any drilling ... I'm sure what I want to do won't require any

I'll try to load up a video
Old 06-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Regarding the "closing search box" issue, a work around is to copy and paste into the search box rather than typing into it. Type your search terms into the address bar or somewhere else, long press on them and then copy, open the forum's search tool, long press in it and then paste.

I get about 16 - 17 mph out of my governed g1. That is good enough for me. My cart is 30 years old. I dont want the kids racing it around.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:40 AM   #6
G-gaurd
Getting Wild

I just tightened down the adjusting screw and I'm getting about 17 out of it now. I'm also eyeballing the oil pump to see if it's gonna function before I take it on a full trip around the block ..,. I would hate to seize the motor now that I got it running and driving
Old 06-30-2017, 07:38 AM   #7
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I highly recommend premixing your fuel there's no good way to test the pump and when it does stop working about the only way know is when the motor locks up
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha