lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
PeteInAustin
Not Yet Wild

Default Very happy with Plowman's Riot Kit

All, a few weeks ago I asked about more hill climbing ability. Sage advice from cgtech was that I'd blow out the stock motor quickly with controller/solenoid upgrade, so I decided to buy Don Plowman's Riot Kit for my 2015 YDRE.

Want to say that I'm very, very happy with the overall experience. The quality of the kit itself is incredible. The cart is massively improved in terms of top speed and torque. Don's advice and service have been invaluable. Over the last week, I may have spoken with Don more than with my wife - which she appreciates more than he does. He was always eager to help. It's literally the best buying experience I've had. Very rare to get such personal service and access to experience like that these days.

Also want to thank Kerusm for his help and LPnTX for pointing me to the Riot Kit. Appreciate all the useful advice on this board and people's willingness to help out a stranger.
PeteInAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Default Re: Very happy with Plowman's Riot Kit

Pete, glad it all worked out. Those hills shouldn’t be a problem now. Broke in yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
PeteInAustin
Not Yet Wild

I’m breaking in for 50 miles to be safe. Have been avoiding the big hills during break in. Small hills are now child’s play.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #4
LPnTX
Gone Wild

I knew you'd like it. Don's the best and always has time to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInAustin View Post
All, a few weeks ago I asked about more hill climbing ability. Sage advice from cgtech was that I'd blow out the stock motor quickly with controller/solenoid upgrade, so I decided to buy Don Plowman's Riot Kit for my 2015 YDRE.

Want to say that I'm very, very happy with the overall experience. The quality of the kit itself is incredible. The cart is massively improved in terms of top speed and torque. Don's advice and service have been invaluable. Over the last week, I may have spoken with Don more than with my wife - which she appreciates more than he does. He was always eager to help. It's literally the best buying experience I've had. Very rare to get such personal service and access to experience like that these days.

Also want to thank Kerusm for his help and LPnTX for pointing me to the Riot Kit. Appreciate all the useful advice on this board and people's willingness to help out a stranger.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:26 PM   #5
tinkerhaus
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnTX View Post
I knew you'd like it. Don's the best and always has time to help.

Can you please post screenshots of your config or upload a config file? I installed my kit but had a faulty speed sensor. I now have a replacement but only have tomorrow to install and configure and I don't want to bother Don on a Sunday.
tinkerhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:32 PM   #6
PeteInAustin
Not Yet Wild

From memory:

400 amps
30 amps Regen (I am asking Don about increasing that)
6000 RPM (started break in at 5000 then increased)
Street / turbo
Speed limit

Let me know if there are other settings you’re interested in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha