lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lift kit advice needed

Wifey wants me to get bigger tires and lift up her new (to her ) 2014 Precedent , I am more than happy to dive right in ! She is gona gripe and be mad if this thing ends up harder to steer than it is now , so , my goal is to have a cart that is easier to turn the steering wheel in any and all possible situations than it is now …. there can be no instance where she can say " it didn't do that before you worked on it !"..... does this lift kit and or tires exist ?
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2019, 06:21 PM   #2
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lift kit advice needed

I put the all sport 6’’ lift on my 14 precident it will turn sharper I really didn’t notice it being harder to steer and i have a very small steering wheel but i did put the factory leaf spring back in there to smooth out the ride. It helped a lot with the pot holes. I also extended the shackles here is a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6E067927-35D7-4501-8208-C7AB8B408B4C.jpg (125.7 KB, 0 views)
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:36 PM   #3
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

That looks sweet , but might be a tad to tall ...maybe I need 4 "....is that an A arm lift ?
Old 08-25-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

4 inch alsport dubble A arm is the ticket. I have 22 inch tires on mine.image.jpg
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #5
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
4 inch alsport dubble A arm is the ticket. I have 22 inch tires on mine.Attachment 191212
That is what im looking for I believe..nice……...is one brand any better than the other ...prices all seam pretty close... Jakes , Rhox allsport GWB ….
Old 08-25-2019, 09:41 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Mine is all sport, got it from David, it steers easy and I think it may turn sharper as well. I liked it so good I bought one for my DS cart also.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:14 AM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would also recommend an A-arm lift over a spindle lift. Lifting the cart will make it less stable, especially in turns, which is where an A-arm lift helps over a spindle lift. Wider tires or spacers can help with the stability issue if you find it uncomfortable.

In addition, I would recommend keeping the factory leaf springs, heavy duty leaf springs make for a harsh ride. If you do haul things or people, you could consider dual action leaf springs.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:52 AM   #8
GBLGBL
Not Yet Wild

I think All Sports is the way to go for a double A arm lift kit. They are about the only one that offers 2 u bolts per side on the rear lift. I have the 6" with 23" tires. No issues here with ride or stability.
GBLGBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:28 AM   #9
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

All Sports 3" or 4" lift is on my list, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. 6" to me seems too big. I don't want a monster truck. What size whee/tire combo are you considering? I was set on a 12" wheel but have backtracked to 10". I think I want as much sidewall as possible for ride comfort.
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #10
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCar86 View Post
All Sports 3" or 4" lift is on my list, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. 6" to me seems too big. I don't want a monster truck. What size whee/tire combo are you considering? I was set on a 12" wheel but have backtracked to 10". I think I want as much sidewall as possible for ride comfort.
Thats what I was thinking , the more rubber , the better....she will be unhappy if it rides rough....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car