lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2019, 11:21 PM   #1
elliottduran
Not Yet Wild

Default Uneven Rear Suspension Due to Light Crash

Hey guys,

An organization I work with owns a Club Car cart that's virtually identical to the one below (Example of Club Car.jpg)

While one of our newer staff members was operating it, they were not aware of the length of the vehicle, and hit the rear-right side against a pole while turning. After the collision, the rear-right sagged to the point that the inside of the right-rear fender/panel was rubbing against the tire while operating it. Besides that, the cart seems to be completely fine and functional. Upon inspecting the under-side of the cart, I noticed that the bracket or piece of frame that attaches to the leaf springs on the right side had been rotated at the point where it attaches to the rest of the cart (pic attached below: Rear Suspension Damage) which seems to be causing the sagging. Am I correct in assuming that the fix is to jack the cart up, loosen that bracket, rotate it so it matches the left side, re-tighten then set back down again? I really appreciate any help or tips in getting this resolved!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear Suspension Damage.jpg (182.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Example of Club Car.jpg (36.5 KB, 0 views)
elliottduran is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2019, 11:29 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Uneven Rear Suspension Due to Light Crash

That is the spring shackle. Yes, you can readjust it if not bent, but there is a center pin inside the middle of the springs so make sure it is good. Make sure the "U" bolt has not been damaged or loosed and the alignment is also correct there.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:01 AM   #3
GBLGBL
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Uneven Rear Suspension Due to Light Crash

Make sure you don't have a break in the frame. Mine was just like that. A quick $40 weld solved the issue.
GBLGBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car