lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Remote controlled ignition switch mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolagt View Post
I saw in that same group a remote start but it also helped with loading the cart into a truck bed...like it just crept the cart along slow enough so you could stand next to it and guide it in easier. I dont know if its a stand alone unit that we could buy?
You mean the remote was activating a "winch"?

If not, how was it braking the cart?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2020, 10:43 AM   #12
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Okay, once again a dumb question. Not sure where to find black or yellow wire to run to 2. Will I be okay to use a new wire from my Bus bar ground?
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The black-yellow-stripe is just an existing negative wire on a Precedent.

Any wire like a 18ga will do for the negative wire as the current load will be very small.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #14
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

FIgured, but been wrong before. Thank you for a quick response.
Old 02-23-2020, 02:10 PM   #15
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the cool idea. If nothing else a great conversation piece. Real easy. Going to try to hook LED voltage meter to the controller and see if it gives me a good reading. I have one arriving from Scotty B Monday.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:38 AM   #16
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You mean the remote was activating a "winch"?

If not, how was it braking the cart?

No not a winch...it was creeping along as the guy steered it into the back of his truck. Seemed like he would hit a remote button to make it go and when you let off the button it would stop. Ill have to see if I can find it and make a post. It was on some odd looking collapsible golf cart. Maybe its something they make for there carts?

Cricket mini...maybe its something they just make for there carts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBPA8Yo_PY
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:58 AM   #17
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Okay, one complaint. That light from EBAY is BRIGHT. To the point of being annoying. Looking now for alternative. Like having a panel indicating light, but not one that is that bright.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The video posted showed a light in place of the ignition switch and that is why I suggested that large light.

You can add a 2.7kΩ x 1/2 watt resistor in series with the 48v light to reduce the brightness.

You can also use a 12v indicator light out of your reducer since that will come ON with the remote as well.

Nolagt, according to the cricket site those carts have a "Single regenerative electromagnetic braking", meaning a single pedal driving and that is why that system works for them.

It would not be difficult to create a remote control to activate and move a regular golf cart forward, but it would roll back down the ramp or forward towards the truck cab as soon as you let go of the throttle.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:46 PM   #19
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
The video posted showed a light in place of the ignition switch and that is why I suggested that large light.

You can add a 2.7kΩ x 1/2 watt resistor in series with the 48v light to reduce the brightness.

You can also use a 12v indicator light out of your reducer since that will come ON with the remote as well.

Nolagt, according to the cricket site those carts have a "Single regenerative electromagnetic braking", meaning a single pedal driving and that is why that system works for them.

It would not be difficult to create a remote control to activate and move a regular golf cart forward, but it would roll back down the ramp or forward towards the truck cab as soon as you let go of the throttle.
Thanks for the explanation. I assumed if it was something that would work for all you might see it around more. I’d like to try to fit my onward in the bed of my 5.5’ f150 one day.
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:49 AM   #20
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:

Sergio, Thanks again. By the way. Complaint was the wrong word. I was not complaining. I was all ready looking for a smaller lower brightness 12 volt that I would fuse of panel and ordered one from China. Probably comes with it's own virus.

Thank you again for all you do here.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car