lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
Tomk303
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car DS lift kits

I am new to the golf cart scene. I am going to need new tires for my stock cart in the spring. I figure I may as well put a lift kit on it first, because why not....

I understand that the a arm lifts are the better choice for all around use. It will be a pavement queen for the most part but may see some grass and dirt as well.

I have been looking at the SGC lift kit. My concern is the type of "ball joints", for the lack of the proper term, seem to be the weak point on this lift. I like the ability to adjust the caster and camber on it but I am concerned about the strength of them and the potential to break.

What has everyone's experience been and if not SGC then what kit is the preferred kit and why?
Tomk303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2020, 09:47 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS lift kits

Heim joints are commonly used on many types of equipment. I think any of the A arm lifts, regardless of manufacturer, use them for those pivot points. I think all the rubber bushings wear out far more often. When the heim joints do go bad they are relatively inexpensive and fairy simple to replace.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS lift kits

Order the All Sport kit now, you’ll have it in time for spring.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ds aq, electric, lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car