lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2020, 05:36 PM   #11
Shooter111
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 club car ds brakes

Well I have the part where you should adjust it but it has no screw or anything. It’s sealed like nothing has never been there. [ATTACH]AEFB3DD8-8849-475C-9F09-F0749AC8D938.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BEFC4201-4A30-40ED-AABC-4EF5EE8CDCED.jpg (150.9 KB, 0 views)
Shooter111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #12
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter111 View Post
Well I have the part where you should adjust it but it has no screw or anything. It’s sealed like nothing has never been there. [ATTACH]Attachment 213195[/ATTACH]
The adjuster you're thinking about (on top) that is adjusted behind the drum was the old manual adjusting system. 95 and older. 96 and up are the self adjuster brakes with the star type adjuster like was posted in the earlier picture. When they changed over they just plugged that hole.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:25 PM   #13
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Take a picture of the bottom section of the brake assembly and I imagine we could help you. You don’t have the style with the manual adjust or there would be a screw with tapers flats on it. Yours should adjust up like a set of car drums with the star.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:04 AM   #14
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
The adjuster you're thinking about (on top) that is adjusted behind the drum was the old manual adjusting system. 95 and older. 96 and up are the self adjuster brakes with the star type adjuster like was posted in the earlier picture. When they changed over they just plugged that hole.
1995 Parts List shows the Self-Adjusters, 1992 shows a manual adjustment system.

Maybe he has a 1997 Cart and brakes were replaced with older parts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1992.JPG (51.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1995.JPG (66.7 KB, 0 views)
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:30 PM   #15
Shooter111
Not Yet Wild

I got it thanks. While we are still on the club car topic here I have another question. So I replaced my controller and tested car while on jacks and it ran forward and reverse. I set it dow to day and took it for a spin just to test it. And when I tried to back it into garage reverse is not working for some reason. F&R switch is new so I don’t know what could be the problem. Also this car was out of commission for a while just thrown out in a yard. I’ve been fixing it little by little and was able to finally get it running but now this. Any ideas?
Old 12-12-2020, 07:36 PM   #16
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I got it thanks. While we are still on the club car topic here I have another question. So I replaced my controller and tested car while on jacks and it ran forward and reverse. I set it dow to day and took it for a spin just to test it. And when I tried to back it into garage reverse is not working for some reason. F&R switch is new so I don’t know what could be the problem. Also this car was out of commission for a while just thrown out in a yard. I’ve been fixing it little by little and was able to finally get it running but now this. Any ideas?
Does it have a lever forward and reverse, or a rocker switch? Tow/run switch, or not?
Old 12-12-2020, 09:26 PM   #17
Shooter111
Not Yet Wild

It’s a lever. And no tow / run switch
Old 12-12-2020, 10:03 PM   #18
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It’s a lever. And no tow / run switch
Try backing off a little on the reverse a little back towards neutral. I've seen some of those new forward and reverse switches that when you go all the way to the stop in reverse, it goes a little to far. Does the solenoid click when it doesn't move in reverse?
Old 12-13-2020, 07:36 PM   #19
Shooter111
Not Yet Wild

That is exactly what was happening. What sucks is I just replaced that switch about 2 weeks ago. I’m returning it and getting another one that hopefully works as it should. But I still have another question. So when cart is up on jacks and you step on gas only one tire spins and the other takes a few seconds to start moving unless I help it. Any ideas on why it would do that?
Old 12-13-2020, 08:31 PM   #20
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pretty sure that is normal to only have one tire spin.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car