lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2021, 08:27 AM   #1
Steve hall
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 yamaha 48vt won't go

I was driving around and it just stopped, had to tow it to the house, reverse buzzer not buzzing,, no power to the solenoid, key switch no power to it, it's in run, I'm not sure how to test the charging plug safety, I can't find a wiring schematic for it,, I do have 50vts, fuses are good, any help would be awesome, I'm lost.. ty. In advance.
Steve hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2021, 08:31 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2016 yamaha 48vt won't go

The owner's manual should have the schematic. My 2012 does anyway. There is a 3 amp fuse in the run/tow circuit that goes to the key switch. See if there is power to the key switch. If so, sounds like a controller failure is likely.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:33 AM   #3
Steve hall
Not Yet Wild

I bought it used and I don't have the owners manual, there is no power at the key switch, I can't find the fuse for the tow/ run switch, I've had this cart for over a year with no issues, batteries are fully charged, just not getting power to the solenoid or to the key switch.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Fuse is behind the driver's seat. You should be able to find the owner's manual with schematics online.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
Steve hall
Not Yet Wild

Sorry it took so long to get back with you, after rechecking again I noticed I was in the tow mode, so I put it in run and rechecked again and I do have 50vts to the run/tow switch and to the key switch but no coil voltage to the solenoid, no buzz from the buzzer when in reverse, how can I test the controller??? Is there a way to test it, it's kinda expensive to replace without knowing that is the problem....
Old 09-22-2021, 05:08 AM   #6
Steve hall
Not Yet Wild

Well I took it to the shop and it was the controller, new controller now it's good to go,, thanks for help ...
Old 09-22-2021, 06:38 AM   #7
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Glad you got it all worked out...Not a cheap fix unfortunately and pretty common failure...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha