lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #1
Thomasdthe3rd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2006 ds stopped moving after wash

I have a 2006 ds, 6 inch lift on 23s. Went to the campground and ran it all weekend. One night we ran the golf and almost drained the batteries. I was able to get back to my site and plug it in. Next day worked fine, ran all day and then the next day. I plug in whenever possible, even if it’s only for 10 minutes. Came home, ran fine. Washed the cart off and let it sit outside for a few hours. Later that evening, went to use it and all it will do is lurch forward and stop. Reverse it barely bumps. I thought ok, maybe something got wet. Pushed into garage and plugged in charger. Started charging fine. Let it sit all night. Now, it went maybe 6 inches and then nothing. Bumps In reverse but doesn’t move. I jacked the rear up and press the pedal and tires started spinning then it disengaged. The first time I did it, it spun for a good second or two. Now it just barely spins. Any ideas? Is the fnr switch bad or did I mess up the mcor? Has a good charge on the batteries. Stock controller and motor but does have the speed 5 programmer. All help appreciated, wife is upset the cart isn’t running.
Thomasdthe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2021, 02:51 PM   #2
Thomasdthe3rd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 ds stopped moving after wash

So after messing around with the cart, I can get it to move. If I depress the pedal all the way it will start and then stop. If I slowly depress the pedal, it will move. Once I get about 3/4 throttle it will engage the regent and stop. Everything else seems to check out. Should I replace the mcor? Not sure if it is the original or not. I was looking at revolution golfs site and they have an updated mcor 4. I’m going to try to update the mcor with the speed 5 controller I got from Shelby control systems. I have done it once, maybe it needs it again. If anyone has any other things I can try, please chime in. Thanks guys.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:51 PM   #3
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

i'd let it dry out a couple days, maybe even remove the seat and let a fan blow on it
something got wet, dry it out. a lot cheaper than part swapping
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The solenoid may not be engaging. Do you hear the solenoid clunk when you press the pedal? If not you need to check if it is getting voltage on the small terminals.

If it is clunking the solenoid contacts are burned and it will need to be replaced.

Another thought is that you could have a burned battery cable or bad connection. Running a cart with excessively drained batteries causes higher than normal amp draw, which leads to excess heat buildup in the cables and can burn the cable terminals or battery, solenoid, or motor terminal posts. Use a voltmeter to check the voltage at the solenoid or controller B+ when pressing the pedal and see if the voltage drops well below actual pack voltage.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #5
Thomasdthe3rd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I lifted the back tires off the ground and was able to get the motor to run. I can go half throttle for a while. As soon as I go full throttle, the motor stops and the regen kicks in. Then I have to wait a few minutes before I can do that again. This was a couple days ago. I checked the water in the batteries and had to add water. I checked the batteries after adding water but before I plugged it back in. I got 13 volts on three and 12.9 on one. I plugged it back in but haven’t had a chance to check since. I will check voltage tomorrow if I get the chance (I work 24 hour shifts). I will also check voltage at the solenoid and at the b+ terminal on the controller. Pack voltage was 51.9 but I will check that again also. All the terminals look good. I checked all cables and they look good. I will post more when I can. Thanks for the help ogre and fairtax4me.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:17 AM   #6
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

If that model has an MCOR, with the key off pump the accelerator 30-40 times real fast. Then see if that changes anything.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:39 PM   #7
Thomasdthe3rd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, update on the cart. Finally had the chance to test some things. My buddy and I started by checking each battery and then the pack voltage. 3 batteries were at 12.8 and one was 12.7. Pack voltage was 51.1. The batteries are from 2017 so I don’t think they are that bad. I know I don’t have much life left but they will do for now. So, I downloaded the manual and we started testing the mcor. Everything checked out. Had continuity, proper voltage at wire and proper readings when pedal was depressed and let off. Went to check the solenoid and I think one of my wires may have not been making a good connection. It was a blue wire on the left side of the solenoid (drivers side) that may have not been on good. It was in between the big posts. We continued to check the solenoid and the resistor. Everything was good. Put everything back together and was going to check the controller but I got my buddy to test the pedal and see what it would do. He was able to press the pedal to the floor and the cart kept running. Tires were off the ground. So we put it back on the ground and everything was back to normal. Runs great. So my question now is could that one wire caused my problems? Makes sense to me. I think it did it when I trailered it home. When I got home, I let it roll off the trailer (it tilts) and that’s where I cleaned it and left it dry while I did other things. Never drove it. Later in the day is when I noticed the problem. I’m not going to try and recreate the problem because I don’t want to short anything. Hopefully this can help someone else out. Thanks for everyone’s input. It did give me some things to look for and learn some more about carts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car