lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #11
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Default Re: A good windshield

very nice cart, you know it looks alot like mine except you have different lights. ugggh, i know the feeling of having messed up paint. my frieng ran my g2 into a PARKED SEMI TRUCK, what kinda loser does that
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2007, 11:01 AM   #12
georgetroy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha4life View Post
what is a good windshield for my g16. i need it to be able to handle alot of bumps and ruts. i tried the one from bu (got it as a gift) and its CRAP. it kept sliding out of the mounts and finally cracked in the bottom corner so its out of the question....

thanks in advance
I wonder if the 07-08 Drive model will work. I just installed mine and it fit like a glove. 2 round holes each side with rubber gromlets, sleeves, screws & caps. Split windshield JW1-K722-20 and Supplier code BLU02027. I paid $110.00 from Classic Golf in Claremore, OK where I purchased my cart. GT
georgetroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #13
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

The Drive has completely different roof struts than the G16 did.

Here is a solid one:
http://golfcarcatalog.com/catalog/in...d=1621&id=1993

I would definitely go for Lexan when you get one!
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #14
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

That's a good price for that. Lexan is some 'tuff stuff' too. I built a windshield and actually covered the front of a go cart with that stuff. I used a handheld grinder to cut it without much of a mess. I used a regular file to knock off the melted ends. You can take lexan and fold it completely over without it breaking. Dozer operators use it as safety glass in my area.

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #15
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

well im either going to get that windshield or get some bullet proof plexi glass cut from a friend of mine and screw that on there. the one you linked me would probably look better.

thanks for the help i appreaciate it im going to update when i figure out what im going to do...
Old 11-21-2007, 10:42 PM   #16
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Hey guys I have an update. I drilled holes through the windshield where those little rubber gasket circles are. I guess they cusion the windshield up against the post. They already had holes in them so I drilled through the two bottom ones and this puppy if tight!!! I only bolted the two bottom ones down so theres no extra pressure on it. I jumped it over my ramps and it didnt move or crack or anything, its so much better. I thank everyone for the .
Old 11-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #17
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

The problem with plexiglass is when you try to cut it , it will crack real bad where your cutting, i think they use a special blade to cut plexiglass.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #18
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Yeah its still working good and it really keeps the bitterly cold air off of you. When I drive its probably for an hour or so (I ride all the farm trails) and ussally I ride at night it works great for me.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #19
cart de golf
Gone Wild

I wouldent go wothout one its cold at night at the campground
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha