lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2007, 08:18 PM   #21
ElC
Gone Wild

Default Re: G16 Newb

Yeah and considering it dominates most other carts, it's pretty sweet. Probably not the nicest thing to do, but I would stop in the middle of the steepest hills, then pull back out while everyone behind me belts would slip. should have got the hot set-up
ElC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2007, 11:02 PM   #22
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Yeah youre not only one thats mean to the lesser carts

Ill never forget at last years Super Chevy Show I drag raced this guy on a CC, because he said "Dude dont tell me that you put such pretty paint on that peice of crap Yamaha!" And I said "Ok dude lets race." And lets say I beat him good.... Anyway right after that Im like, "Dont tell me your cart is slow AND ugly, man Id hate to see you girl friend!!!" And then I tore off and fortunally never saw him again the rest of that weekend.
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:24 PM   #23
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha4life View Post
Yeah youre not only one thats mean to the lesser carts

Ill never forget at last years Super Chevy Show I drag raced this guy on a CC, because he said "Dude dont tell me that you put such pretty paint on that peice of crap Yamaha!" And I said "Ok dude lets race." And lets say I beat him good.... Anyway right after that Im like, "Dont tell me your cart is slow AND ugly, man Id hate to see you girl friend!!!" And then I tore off and fortunally never saw him again the rest of that weekend.
Let's see...

Yamaha with a clutch power kit with the heaviest spring, muffler mods, and a governor spring vs. a probably stock Club Car... I wonder who's going to win that one?

I wish you would have said "let's race" to me before I put in my 18hp because I'm sure you would have been boo-hooing somewhere. If someone has the slightest idea of what they are doing, they can make a Club Car haul more hiny than you could ever think of with a Yamaha. And they don't need a new clutch and muffler to do it. I wouldn't race you now because I wouldn't want to get melted rubber all over your pretty paint job.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #24
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Well first of all he started it. Second he had a lift and almost just a pretty paint job, brush gaurd, bumper ect on his. His cart was also really loud which made me thought he had a upgrade exhaust but Im not sure. Again he started it and I dont think my little g16 is faster than every single CC ever, but I was defiently faster than that one. And Im pretty sure I dont boo hoo or w/e that means. Every CC ive ever seen has sucked acorns. We bought a brand new CC for our business and within about 3 years it needed new rings and the throttle cables and the motor itself had to be realigned about once a year. When we got a used g2 for about 2000 dollars less and the problem weve had with it is the clutches. I will give the CC something, they do ride really nice and turn really really sharp but thats about it. Im sure a CC with a 18hp would be really nice, but unfortunally a stock CC, or atleast ours really had alot of allignment problems and was a peice of junk. And both yammy and cc we took really good care of, and did regular tune ups...
Old 11-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #25
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Get a 1997 or newer Club Car. They don't need engine alignments.

I have a hard time believing that it needed rings within 3 years. Not even a Tecumseh is that bad and I'm pretty darn sure a Kawasaki is 11 out of 10 stars better than any Tecumseh.

Throttle cables? I've never replaced any myself or even heard of them going bad. Unless you were trying to mess with the governor and screwed up the spring that's made onto the end, it shouldn't have been replaced--ever.

Saying EVERY Club Car you have ever seen in your life "sucked acorns" is a bit of a stretch.

Every manufacturer has issues and they all have lemons whether you want to believe it or not. Club Car did, unfortunately, have engine alignment issues with the pre-1997 cars because the engine was bolted separately from the rear end. On the 1997 and newer cars, the engine is bolted right to the rear end and it never needs to be aligned.

You must also realize that all carts have good and bad points. Yamaha clutches are nightmares if you don't grease them, the motor mounts on the pre-G16s are an iffy idea to begin with, and the shocks don't last all that long.

Club Car shocks are nothing to brag from the factory and their older model carts have problems with engine alignment (as you say you've experienced) which really robs power.

E-Z-GOs are riveted together. That's fine if you plan to leave it stock, but a nightmare for people like us who like to modify things. Their suspension (until the RXV) has been sort of lacking, and IMO, they just are not as refined as others.

You like Yamaha carts, I like Club Car carts. Personally, I haven't had any issues with my Club Car and you haven't had any with yours (except the BU-induced thing...but that's BU's fault, not Yamaha) that we know of. I guess if you start with something that treats you right, you have no incentive to get something different.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #26
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

What exaust do you have? I am looking into getting the one that does not look like the stock on and i am assuming that is the one you have. Did it make a noticeable difference?
turnagainhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:54 AM   #27
ElC
Gone Wild

Well he was obviously a idiot, come on man who just drives up to a stranger and starts talking smack, about his cart?

"Second he had a lift and almost just a pretty paint job, brush gaurd, bumper ect on his. His cart was also really loud which made me thought he had a upgrade exhaust but Im not sure."

From the sounds of it you could tell just by looking that you both have invested some money in you carts. I know one thing on the street if someone lines up at a red light with me, and wants to race.. I always assume he is built otherwise he wouldn't be so cocky.

Sounds like you schooled him in the ways of Yamaha. Nice Job!

"I wish you would have said "let's race" to me before I put in my 18hp because I'm sure you would have been boo-hooing somewhere. If someone has the slightest idea of what they are doing, they can make a Club Car haul more hiny than you could ever think of with a Yamaha. And they don't need a new clutch and muffler to do it. I wouldn't race you now because I wouldn't want to get melted rubber all over your pretty paint job."

Well NO NO I wish I would have the opportunity, It would be cool if there was some type of meet, if we could get the interest, you know like chapters of Buggies Gione Wild, PA, OH, and VA. Like I do with the EC4WDA it would be nice to see who's talking the talk and who's walking the walk.

Is there an area on this board you can describe what you do to your clubs that makes them so fast? Clubs cars are the most popular cart at my camp ground, in fact I am one of the local mechanics, I know some guys that would let me experiment on there cart. Tell me what and how to do it.
ElC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #28
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnagainhardcore View Post
What exaust do you have? I am looking into getting the one that does not look like the stock on and i am assuming that is the one you have. Did it make a noticeable difference?
Hey man if youre talking to me I have the plowmans exhaust from www.plowmanscarts.com. Yes it did make a noticable difference. It honestly makes it sound like a honda 24hp because I also recently modded my cart to idle. The exhaust itself will help some but to get the full potential out of it I would reccomend a carb jetting, I havent tried it yet but Im going to soon. It will get louder the more you run the cart. I ussally drive atleast 1 hour on it every day, so mine wore in quick.

EDIT: This is the exhaust I got

http://plowmanscarts.com/hp_pipes-g16.html
Old 11-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #29
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Talking Re: G16 Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
Get a 1997 or newer Club Car. They don't need engine alignments.

I have a hard time believing that it needed rings within 3 years. Not even a Tecumseh is that bad and I'm pretty darn sure a Kawasaki is 11 out of 10 stars better than any Tecumseh.

Throttle cables? I've never replaced any myself or even heard of them going bad. Unless you were trying to mess with the governor and screwed up the spring that's made onto the end, it shouldn't have been replaced--ever.

Saying EVERY Club Car you have ever seen in your life "sucked acorns" is a bit of a stretch.

Every manufacturer has issues and they all have lemons whether you want to believe it or not. Club Car did, unfortunately, have engine alignment issues with the pre-1997 cars because the engine was bolted separately from the rear end. On the 1997 and newer cars, the engine is bolted right to the rear end and it never needs to be aligned.

You must also realize that all carts have good and bad points. Yamaha clutches are nightmares if you don't grease them, the motor mounts on the pre-G16s are an iffy idea to begin with, and the shocks don't last all that long.

Club Car shocks are nothing to brag from the factory and their older model carts have problems with engine alignment (as you say you've experienced) which really robs power.

E-Z-GOs are riveted together. That's fine if you plan to leave it stock, but a nightmare for people like us who like to modify things. Their suspension (until the RXV) has been sort of lacking, and IMO, they just are not as refined as others.

You like Yamaha carts, I like Club Car carts. Personally, I haven't had any issues with my Club Car and you haven't had any with yours (except the BU-induced thing...but that's BU's fault, not Yamaha) that we know of. I guess if you start with something that treats you right, you have no incentive to get something different.
Yeah we bought it a long while back so it was probably past before 97. We have had the G2 up until about a year ago and the frame rusted out because I guess there was a leak in the battery and it ate through the frame. But Im proud to say the only things that messed up was the front and rear clutch. After getting a Plowmans rear clutch and a 94c front it lasted the whole time we had it.

"You must also realize that all carts have good and bad points. Yamaha..... and the shocks don't last all that long."

I jump my G16 all the time and the shocks have held up just fine...
Old 11-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #30
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

If you keep jumping it they're not going to last a lot longer.

I think TheNewGuy figured that out.

I've replaced quite a few Yamaha shocks. Mostly on G9s though, however, there have been some newer ones.

Most of them look like this...

Last edited by NO NO NO E-Z-GO!; 11-22-2007 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Found the pic
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha