lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Lazrine,Don
Not Yet Wild

Default power wise charger

I have a charger with bad board. I ordered new upgraded board.It has two wires i don't know where they attach.I need a pictorial to help. The old board had terminals with brown and orange wires to them.Do I clip these wires to each other or by pass old wires.
Thanks Don
Lazrine,Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Default Re: power wise charger

Assuming it is the powerwise without the LED look at the following link

https://secure.golfcarcatalog.com/do...20Retrofit.pdf

Very good instructions and a good site for all sorts of info.
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your charger originally came with the 2 board setup. 1 was the power board and the other was the timer board. The new board combines those functions into 1 board.

leave the board that was mounted to the front of the charger and just ignore it. remove the board that sits on the bottom of the charger.install the new board in that location. You will have a black wire and a red wire on the new board. The red wire goes to the small clip that is attached to the heatsink at the front of the charger, the black wire connects to the 16 gauge red wire that is coming out of the DC cord.

Hope that helps.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Lazrine,Don
Not Yet Wild

Thanks changed out board and pluged into cart nothing. pulled wires from relay and connected charger and have 41.6 dc volts from plug.while pluged into cart checked batteries and have 36.6 volts across battries. I left charger on for one hour to fully charge cart and found no difference in cart batteries. I was going to use cart and found it will not respond in forward or reverse. I checked female plug into cart and have 36.6 volts at plug. Now I have two problems don't know what to fix first. Amy suggestions?
Thanks Don
Old 01-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Lazrine,Don
Not Yet Wild

Found loose wire on cart and repaired. Now I get voltage reading from cart dc plug and pluged in repaired charger. Charger started working and left it on cart to charge batt. cart now workes and all is ok. Thanks all for info couldn't have done without your help.
Don
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO