lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Fw/Rv switch replacement:please advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartz View Post
Is it advisable to put both stock and hd buss bars on a f/r switch? Does it help with improved flow of electricty and less heat?

Rabbit,
Do you find that 2 W.R. solenoids perform better than an hd f/r switch?
NO this won't help ~ in test after test the HD buss bars were not the coolest running bars. My tests found adding a stock set on top is not going to help. Plus the cam won't work if you pile that much stuff on it... Why not take one apart and look at it before you ask anymore questions?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartz View Post
Rabbit,
Do you find that 2 W.R. solenoids perform better than an hd f/r switch?
Perform better, Last Longer, Allow for easier shifting between gears, and generally tolerate changes in environmental conditions better......

Yeah, I am a huge fan of the (2) 6 pole setup. I have yet to have one fail on me yet.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #13
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
NO this won't help ~ in test after test the HD buss bars were not the coolest running bars. My tests found adding a stock set on top is not going to help. Plus the cam won't work if you pile that much stuff on it... Why not take one apart and look at it before you ask anymore questions?
Well it did help me. I don't see any possible electrical problem with adding more material for more current to flow through. It is the same thing you are doing when adding bigger gauge wire. I am not saying it is better than the ultra cool being advertised, I have no idea since I have never used one of those, it was just a easy and cheap solution I tried to the heat buildup and it worked.

Also my cam works fine. I was somewhat tighter at first but backing off the lever shaft adjustment nut slighty and a little dielectric grease made it smooth as silk and my 8 year old can work it.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO