lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
firemedic898
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Combine cables (#4 & #6 gauge) for even better results????

Thanks for the advice Scotty. From everyone’s opinion I will NOT be using the #6 with the other cables. As far as the #4 VS #2 gauge, many people have told me that as long as the cable is high grade (weld cable/high thread count) #4 will be fine. I talked to Alltrax today (trying to figure out what throttle input I need) and they said that the #4 gauge (high quality) will be fine with my planed setup. I am getting the #4 cables at cost, that is mainly why I am using them. If you, Scotty, thinks my future system will need the #2 gauge then I trust your experience/expertise. You would know firsthand.
firemedic898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When you go up in voltage you r amperage use actually drop some so ... But I will have to call Alltrax because they are ones who call for #2 cables for 500 amp plus controllers on their website ... do you know who you were talking to ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #13
firemedic898
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My mistake, I type slower than I think. I was talking to D&D about what Alltrax controller I need since they sell them in their combos (ITS, 0-5k, 5k-0). Don’t remember the guys name, it was one of the Techs.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic898 View Post
My mistake, I type slower than I think. I was talking to D&D about what Alltrax controller I need since they sell them in their combos (ITS, 0-5k, 5k-0). Don’t remember the guys name, it was one of the Techs.
Well, suggest that he might be better informed if he would frequent his suppliers' website once a year to stay current with the product requirements.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #15
firemedic898
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Definitely Scotty!!! Thanks for the heads up! Just saved me some $$$ from replacing again to #2 gauge later on, and possibly saving some components.

BIG QUESTION!!!!! I was roaming around on Alltrax’s web site and found some information that I was not aware of?????? My current controller is a 1206 (6 ½” X 4 ¾”). Alltrax advises that the only replacement for the 1204 and 1206 is up to a 400A controller? Only higher AMP controllers are available for replacing the 1205. I have not seen or heard of this with all the research I have done. Has anyone else????? Any input with this will be GREATLY APPRECIATED. This is big because this info completely changes/hurts my future plans!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The higher amperage controllers are built on a larger platform. They will fit. You will loose the environmental cover.... Everything will be fine
Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #17
firemedic898
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ohhhhh. OK, freaked out a little. Thanks Scotty, you know your stuff!!!! If I knew how to insert all the animated faces there would have been a LOT…………
Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic898 View Post
Ohhhhh. OK, freaked out a little. Thanks Scotty, you know your stuff!!!! If I knew how to insert all the animated faces there would have been a LOT…………
Yeah, well if we knew how to put out fires.......
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO