lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
fcbclan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: cart stopped running need help!

Sorry, was going to push my cart in the shop, tried it first and started up must have been something stuck in the reed
fcbclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what hap;pened with the compression?.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:26 PM   #13
fcbclan
Not Yet Wild

runs now but I'll check it
Old 06-01-2011, 05:20 AM   #14
big dude
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

fcbclan im interested in what u find out my 79 2 stroke has no start prob. and then 20 mins later it starts. sometimes itl just die. got spark, gas, new fuel filter. wondering if over heatin might cause our problem?
big dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #15
fcbclan
Not Yet Wild

My cart sat a week , I was going in my shop with it and thought I would try it, what do you know its been working ever since. your cart must have compression and your sure your not losing spark, try some starting fluid sprayed in the breather if it starts you have a fuel problem, maybe your fuel filter or fuel pump or a sticking seat in your carb, good luck !
Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #16
fcbclan
Not Yet Wild

HELP !

I was going to tear my cart down last May as per prior info, thought I'd try it before I pushed it in the shop, It started and ran. I drove it uintil last weekend when my grandson drove it flat out for quite a while, and now it's doing the same as before. Do you think something is getting stuck in the reeds compression is 60 same as last time. any info would be appreciated.

PS my jb weld repaired clutch is still running great on a daily basis and heavy weekend use, by my 16 grandchildren from May till now and all last summer as well.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #17
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

60 compression is way low - surprised it's been driving until now.

One thought about why it started before - I have noticed with my cart that occasionally if it is stopped right before the top of the compression stroke that it has a hard time turning over (especially when the starter/gen belt is tighter). Turning the crank to a lower position allows the S/G to get a running start.

If there was something stuck in a reed valve, I'd still think you'd get occasional firing - it would be a rough run, with an occasional backfire.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #18
fcbclan
Not Yet Wild

I checked reeds, they look great compression was OK until it stopped. I tried reverse it fires a lot more, must be seals or rings. I sprayed oil in cylinder and compression did not go up still 60, think I can change seals with engine in since I had the clutch out recently the front seal could be more interesting I do have a hoist Thank for that. can head be removed with the engine in the cart ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO