lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Jcredpill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1994 medalist rear end question

Hello,

This is my first post and I am glad to have found the forum. I have a 1994 Medalist with the 295cc robin. I have a ezgo 4inch lift I installed, with the appropriate size tires. I was wondering if and how complicated it would be to put a locker in the rear end either manual or auto? I use this cart in the deer woods and I think a locker would really help complete my build. I usually can make it everywhere my buddy's four wheelers go but sometimes the tow rope has to rescue me!! Thanks for the advise!

JC
Jcredpill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Jcredpill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 medalist rear end question

Bumping to the top. I have found a positrac for 1998 and up. Does anyone no if this would work in a 94?

thanks,
JC
Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredpill View Post
Bumping to the top. I have found a positrac for 1998 and up. Does anyone no if this would work in a 94?

thanks,
JC
I don't think so, but it might, I know one of the members put one in his electric but he had to change his rear end housing, (just got another one). Call the place and inquire. Good Luck
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

best bet would to check with plowmans, a sponsor.i put one in my 98 electric, and by looking at a break down of diffs the center carrier s look the same as gas. the big difference is in the sizes of the carrier. in about 2000 ez-go went o a larger sized one. to use a limited slip device you will need the larger carrier (#33 in the gas diagram). i found one out of a 2000 model, and it was a direct swap.
and welcome to BGW!

just checked pn# and they are the same. good luck. the carrier on the left is the larger one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01256.jpg (164.4 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DANA AXLE, 1988-95, 28148G01.pdf (3.93 MB, 8 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Jcredpill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks everyone. It's a no go for the 94 gas Ezgo. :-(. I do have a 2000 model diff I might change out. Shouldn't be to big of a job.

Thx again!

JC
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

not hard at all. just pull the axles (hardest part) then remove the 4 bolts holding the carrier. pull it out, remove ring gear, install limited slip part in newer carrier and reassemble. oh, and add oil!
plowmans instructions are very good.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO