lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #31
Madman415
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power, will not climb hills

First problem is that the governor is unhooked. I'm not sure why people do this. Believe it or not, if the governor is hooked up and you adjust it right for how you want the buggy to react, it is extremely helpful in getting both Power and Speed. Mine will pull a 4k pound Bri-Mar dump trailer up hill at low speed plenty of RPM and torque, drop the trailer and I can run 22mph down the road. I get to a hill, buggy slows down and revs right up climbing any and all hills with ease. I have a stock 350cc in mine, no mods other then dual exhaust and a cold air intake.

Bigger tires will change your gear ratio to higher gears which would not be a problem if the governor was hooked up. The way it is now, It will "dog out" even worse on take off.
Madman415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #32
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i put the new belt on and the jerky take off has stopped, but its still weak. i replaced the air filter which helped some but now it seems the motor sometimes (most of the time). just seems to be struggling, then with a little push it does ok, this got worse aftrer i tightened the exhaust header bolt. it wasnt real loose i turned it maybe a half turn! i notced the exhaust to muffler gasket is completely shot, so maybe all i need is the back pressure? i ordered the gasket waiting on it to get here. but for now i will just be glad the belt squeak has stopped and move on to the next whatever.
Dmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #33
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

most of the governor set up is still there i could prob rig up smthn to just try it and see i guess...
Dmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #34
celtictodd
Not Yet Wild

Had one yesterday the air side of the carb was clogged try soaking it in carb cleaner found at your local auto parts store. The belt grabbing might need a praformance spring for your driven clutch
celtictodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #35
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How does it run with the muffler to header bolts removed. You said it got worse after tightening. On a 2 stroke the exhaust is a touchy thing. The 88 I had the head pipe had been cracked and welded in 3 places, when they welded it, they over penetrated a couple of places and had pieces of mig wire an 1" long hanging inside the pipe. The stuff inside the pipe was just enough to rob a bunch of power, I replaced the pipe and solved the low power problem. Check the outlet pipe on the muffler that it is not dented or partially flattened at the end as that too will cause low power.If any of that gasket is hanging in the pipe it will be a problem.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO